World Dueling Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hang-OutHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Alibaba
Red-Eyed Warrior
Red-Eyed Warrior
Alibaba

Achievement Points : 47
Waifu : kys

PostSubject: avatar problems   avatar problems EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 8:15 am

so....i really wanted to just ask digi about this in the chat rather than make a topic but w.e
so as you can see from my avatar which is supposed to be a render
wda uploading from pc or avatar from url will give you some problems, well sometimes
mainly renders getting negative backgrounds(not always just black) and gifs will stop moving
although you can solve this by putting the link in off site avatar, it won't be corpped.
while i don't think this is an actual issue or anything people can't deal with. i thought new people will have problems with it, especially people who aren't very good with image edditing.
and it would be nice to not need to crop renders :P

not that big of a deal if at all. but i'm just pointing it out and thinking maybe some guide line on the avatar page, or if possible and if you guys want to. fixing the problem entirley

Back to top Go down
DigiDigi
WDA Staff
WDA  Staff
DigiDigi

Achievement Points : 60
Waifu : DigiDigi, Digi(^w^)

PostSubject: Re: avatar problems   avatar problems EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 8:28 am

AliBaba wrote:
so....i really wanted to just ask digi about this in the chat rather than make a topic but w.e
so as you can see from my avatar which is supposed to be a render
wda uploading from pc or avatar from url will give you some problems, well sometimes
mainly renders getting negative backgrounds(not always just black) and gifs will stop moving
although you can solve this by putting the link in off site avatar, it won't be corpped.
while i don't think this is an actual issue or anything people can't deal with. i thought new people will have problems with it, especially people who aren't very good with image edditing.
and it would be nice to not need to crop renders :P

not that big of a deal if at all. but i'm just pointing it out and thinking maybe some guide line on the avatar page, or if possible and if you guys want to. fixing the problem entirley

You're right, its not that big of a problem. This is a problem with Forumotion's external servers relating to image hosting. There is nothing we can do about it, so let this topic be a note of reference.

Lets repeat this: if you want gifs and renders to work, then (if they are large) crop them, THEN post it in the off-site avatar field. You will get what you want there. For inexperienced users, any site that can crop an image will do. Its idiot proof to crop an image.
Back to top Go down
Alibaba
Red-Eyed Warrior
Red-Eyed Warrior
Alibaba

Achievement Points : 47
Waifu : kys

PostSubject: Re: avatar problems   avatar problems EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 8:59 am

didn't know it was a forumation thing
well can we have like a note on the avatar page, also do you know what's the size we should corp it to, mainly width since the image extends out of it's intended box when it's too big, it could save people some time.
also if it's for reference i'll put this link http://www.online-image-editor.com/
which i actually got from you, which is a great site for resizing/croping images and even gifs for those who don't know it
Back to top Go down
DigiDigi
WDA Staff
WDA  Staff
DigiDigi

Achievement Points : 60
Waifu : DigiDigi, Digi(^w^)

PostSubject: Re: avatar problems   avatar problems EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 9:17 am

I would have to access templates to even attempt putting a note in that section of the site. In Forumotion's provided Invision board, I cannot edit templates.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: avatar problems   avatar problems Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1