World Dueling Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hang-OutHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Unsummer Days ~ A WDA Anime Project

Go down 
+14
Kimo Force
Supasmash
Sherlock Holmes
Private_Foxy
RD
Al-Bhed
Ryuuji Takasu
Unknown
Alibaba
Centrik
Grand Mage
Nour Force
Reikan
danna45
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
danna45
WDA Member
WDA Member
danna45

Achievement Points : 14
Waifu : arcade bumstead

Unsummer Days ~ A WDA Anime Project - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Unsummer Days ~ A WDA Anime Project   Unsummer Days ~ A WDA Anime Project - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 25, 2013 12:45 am

First topic message reminder :

UNSUMMER DAYS
Prototype Version

https://docs.google.com/document/d/17BDWkNjnE4gU1_vjaOsVboistozCC22tW9PSj2GboHg/edit Read link, even has a convenient ctrl+f function

List of Confirmable Heroines:

1. Yume, the ghost girl and daughter of the previous school owner. Her death seems to be related to why the school's started to die.

2. Stuco, the student council president. A strict, strong leader, but in truth a timid girl who'd rather go along with the flow.

3. Ali the poor thing, details are too expensive to buy so we don't get details for her yet.

More writers we get mean more heroines, you can write yourself or you can write someone else's if you have consent or they're inactive, or you can OC. Read the goddamn document, thank you.

Last edited by danna45 on Mon Jun 02, 2014 5:14 pm; edited 9 times in total
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Kimo Force
WDA Staff
WDA Staff
Kimo Force

Achievement Points : 9
Waifu : Galko-chan

PostSubject: Re: Unsummer Days ~ A WDA Anime Project   Unsummer Days ~ A WDA Anime Project - Page 3 EmptyWed May 14, 2014 4:48 pm

Can I at least be the Mad scientist in this story?
Back to top Go down
Alibaba
Red-Eyed Warrior
Red-Eyed Warrior
Alibaba

Achievement Points : 47
Waifu : kys

PostSubject: Re: Unsummer Days ~ A WDA Anime Project   Unsummer Days ~ A WDA Anime Project - Page 3 EmptyWed May 14, 2014 7:50 pm

all hail alibaba route
Back to top Go down
Kimo Force
WDA Staff
WDA Staff
Kimo Force

Achievement Points : 9
Waifu : Galko-chan

PostSubject: Re: Unsummer Days ~ A WDA Anime Project   Unsummer Days ~ A WDA Anime Project - Page 3 EmptyWed May 14, 2014 7:55 pm

Make my route the easiest one, but have it so that the consequence of picking easiest would be to have no romance scenes, and a strong friendship is all you get.
Back to top Go down
Alibaba
Red-Eyed Warrior
Red-Eyed Warrior
Alibaba

PostSubject: Re: Unsummer Days ~ A WDA Anime Project   Unsummer Days ~ A WDA Anime Project - Page 3 EmptyWed May 14, 2014 8:00 pm

Kimo Force wrote:
Make my route the easiest one, but have it so that the consequence of picking easiest would be to have no romance scenes, and a strong friendship is all you get.
kimo confirmed for being easy to get

kimo slut
Back to top Go down
danna45
WDA Member
WDA Member
danna45

PostSubject: Re: Unsummer Days ~ A WDA Anime Project   Unsummer Days ~ A WDA Anime Project - Page 3 EmptyWed May 14, 2014 8:03 pm

OP updated, all of you go read it.

And yes centrik, especially you. Skip to paragraph 4 if reading is painful.

Now, before I write the prototype prologue, does anyone here volunteer to be MC? Keep in mind this is unrelated to the actual game, probably, so even if you're the MC in this proto-prologue, you might not be the MC in the final product, as this proto-prologue is after all, a proto-prologue.
Back to top Go down
danna45
WDA Member
WDA Member
danna45

PostSubject: Re: Unsummer Days ~ A WDA Anime Project   Unsummer Days ~ A WDA Anime Project - Page 3 EmptyWed May 14, 2014 10:14 pm

Important double post: What tone are we having for the VN? How serious, how comedic, how edgy, or how healing is it going to be?

Personally I'm looking for something like Katawa Shoujo or Grisaia, where most of the time the tone is relatively normal, with comedic moments on the side, but fairly realistic but not overly so.
Back to top Go down
Grand Mage
Chaos Traveler
Chaos Traveler
Grand Mage

Achievement Points : 25
Waifu : Surberous

PostSubject: Re: Unsummer Days ~ A WDA Anime Project   Unsummer Days ~ A WDA Anime Project - Page 3 EmptyThu May 15, 2014 2:13 am

danna45 wrote:
OP updated, all of you go read it.

And yes centrik, especially you. Skip to paragraph 4 if reading is painful.

Now, before I write the prototype prologue, does anyone here volunteer to be MC? Keep in mind this is unrelated to the actual game, probably, so even if you're the MC in this proto-prologue, you might not be the MC in the final product, as this proto-prologue is after all, a proto-prologue.

If it really matters, I can be MC for the time being. I never really planned on having a part inside of it anyways.
Back to top Go down
Centrik
Mini Gear
Mini Gear
Centrik

Achievement Points : 11
Waifu : Centrik

PostSubject: Re: Unsummer Days ~ A WDA Anime Project   Unsummer Days ~ A WDA Anime Project - Page 3 EmptyFri May 16, 2014 1:56 am

Please make a character's rival and he can k.

@dannyboi I don't even know where to read.
Back to top Go down
danna45
WDA Member
WDA Member
danna45

PostSubject: Re: Unsummer Days ~ A WDA Anime Project   Unsummer Days ~ A WDA Anime Project - Page 3 EmptyFri May 16, 2014 3:10 am

OP updated, read and post in here as needed. gimme yer skype if you wanna join as well if you do have skype, as we have a skype chat for easier communication. if you dont have skype its fine but dont blame me if you're feeling left out like nour.
Back to top Go down
Al-Bhed
Machina Mechanic
Machina Mechanic
Al-Bhed

Achievement Points : 50
Waifu : fem-Al-Bhed

PostSubject: Re: Unsummer Days ~ A WDA Anime Project   Unsummer Days ~ A WDA Anime Project - Page 3 EmptyFri May 16, 2014 4:59 am

Some things about organizing how to work, in case you are anywhere near serious about this (let's be honest, we all think nothing will happen).
Clearly, not everyone can do anything.
There are, in a very generalized fashion, 4 jobs.
1. Writing. More or less everyone can do this.
2. Scripting. Same as above. This basically is how dialogue appears, events, sprite movement, etc.
3. Music. Very niche field here, you can skip through this with a few tracks if you just can't do it, but it's better if you have as much as possible. One of the harder jobs since not everyone can do it, but at least you can be cheap with it.
4. Drawing. Hardest job for 2 reasons. a) You have no one to do it as far as I know, needs specific set of skills. b) It's not only mandatory, it is also a lengthy job, every character with every expression, every sprite, every background has to be done. Even if you lift half the assets off of somewhere else, you still have to do a very large amount of work, it's not a matter of bringing someone from outside, dropping an order on them and saying "there! it's done!". Literally, heaviest load you have even on the cheapest route.

But let's assume you can fill all those positions (most likely you cannot fill 4, and will fall short on 3, but let's assume you can)
In that case, work should be organized as such.

At the beginning, make a very general outline. The purpose of this outline is not to help you with writing, the purpose of the outline is to reveal which characters should be made and which locations should be made, so you can start working on them.
So once you do make the outline, make a list of the characters that will be visually represented (some, or all, extras can be skipped ofc, even some side characters if lazy) and their visual characteristics along with possible expressions, as well as the locations that need to be made. Right at that point it is the work of the team assigned specifically to artwork to start working on them (or lifting them from somewhere, or lifting them from somewhere then photoshopping them, or whatever means you wish to employ, but they have to start early).

At the same time that general outline can be used as information to be used in making music (not all music tracks fit everywhere of course), which again can start being worked on.

Then, in the writing department, a summary is needed as well as the scenes and their order needs to be figured out. Since this is the department with the most members, it's a good idea to split the work by scenes, and that can only be done after you have figured a general summary and order of them. Scenes can be added between those later of course.

With scenes figured out, scripting can start being worked on. Background and characters can be replaced with placeholders until they are ready, it's not important in the process, but sample scenes can start being worked on to know what you are working with.

At the same time, with scenes figured out, there is of course dialogue and events. Not everyone should work on the same parts, as scenes are figured out at this point, you can split the work on a by scene basis, then re-check the results to make minor changes to tie it together in a common style.

What comes after is a bunch of small jobs on finalizing I imagine, which are hard when piled together, but not harder than the process that preceded them, I mean, this is all still under the assumption artwork got magically done, which is a lie.

Before everything though, back in the beginning, there is something you could do to motivate yourselves. Make a small sample scene. Doesn't need a meaning or anything, just finalize a small scene, could be just a few lines, just make sure it can be executed on a pc, and see how it goes. If it works, it can get you on track with this. Obviously, I am not telling anyone to work seriously and finish it fast, it's a project that can only be leisurely done, but even then, doing something that you know is possible gives a lot more motivation than chasing something that might not even be there.

P.S.: Yeah, I know I am wasting my time here, but oh well...
Back to top Go down
Centrik
Mini Gear
Mini Gear
Centrik

PostSubject: Re: Unsummer Days ~ A WDA Anime Project   Unsummer Days ~ A WDA Anime Project - Page 3 EmptySat May 17, 2014 5:42 am

I'm handling the music if you want to check my first song (unfinished) just get in Skype group.
Back to top Go down
Alibaba
Red-Eyed Warrior
Red-Eyed Warrior
Alibaba

PostSubject: Re: Unsummer Days ~ A WDA Anime Project   Unsummer Days ~ A WDA Anime Project - Page 3 EmptyFri May 23, 2014 8:57 pm

Well..
Since it's been getting harder for us to be online to discuss this in a chat we should start using this topic as our main place of discussion and announcing things we've finished

So lets start with first telling danna to postpone the character design until we actually finish giving outlines to more than 2 characters, and so danna doesn't keep going at this design thing himself since last i heard he was making our main girl wear black leather and spikes.

And like i just mentioned, we only have 2 actual characters besides the mc, so lets finish all the character outlines and actually decide on exactly how many routes we're doing since we're apparently still not sure

Also if we are serious about giving al a route to do, i suggest making the 5th and final route an idol tsundere-ish route, since that's apparently what al wants. It works with the setting, idol comes to small school to avoid crowds

Also centrik, please post the music you've composed here. You can upload it online through kiwi6 or some other mp3 uploading site if you know one.

And finally, we are not fucking doing a test run yet.

That is all, please use this topic and pay some more attention to it from now on.
Back to top Go down
danna45
WDA Member
WDA Member
danna45

PostSubject: Re: Unsummer Days ~ A WDA Anime Project   Unsummer Days ~ A WDA Anime Project - Page 3 EmptyFri May 23, 2014 11:17 pm

Are we or are we not doing a test run...With what we have of the prologue, we only need character art(or placeholder art) for two characters, being Digi and Mu-chan, so it's not impossible. Ali says no, Cent says yes, idk what everyone else is leaning towards.

And yeah, an actual confirmation on who wants to actually write for this thing would be cool.
Back to top Go down
Nour Force
Magical Girl
Magical Girl
Nour Force

Achievement Points : 114
Waifu : 02

PostSubject: Re: Unsummer Days ~ A WDA Anime Project   Unsummer Days ~ A WDA Anime Project - Page 3 EmptyFri May 23, 2014 11:29 pm

danna45 wrote:
Are we or are we not doing a test run...
Alibaba wrote:
And finally, we are not fucking doing a test run yet.
I'm not paying attention the VN that much, really, I'm not doing anything in it. Just watching you talk about it. But seriously, how much have you progressed...?
Back to top Go down
https://worldduelingacademy.forumotion.com/
Centrik
Mini Gear
Mini Gear
Centrik

PostSubject: Re: Unsummer Days ~ A WDA Anime Project   Unsummer Days ~ A WDA Anime Project - Page 3 EmptyFri May 23, 2014 11:49 pm

You think me noob or what lah i pro af only soundcloud works k.

Also i have like 2 more songs for walking or morning wake up and beach or summer if we have beach or party. I havent made them on my pc yet only wrote on paper but k.
Back to top Go down
Alibaba
Red-Eyed Warrior
Red-Eyed Warrior
Alibaba

PostSubject: Re: Unsummer Days ~ A WDA Anime Project   Unsummer Days ~ A WDA Anime Project - Page 3 EmptySat May 24, 2014 6:41 am

danna45 wrote:
Are we or are we not doing a test run...With what we have of the prologue, we only need character art(or placeholder art) for two characters, being Digi and Mu-chan, so it's not impossible. Ali says no, Cent says yes, idk what everyone else is leaning towards.

And yeah, an actual confirmation on who wants to actually write for this thing would be cool.
no we are not, a test run would be pointless. we don't even have an artist yet and anything we make for the test run would just be a waste and a place holder that we don't need to make.

we really shouldn't go out of our way to add extra effort to an already almost impossible project.

and so danna, now the most important thing for us to finish is the actual characters we're going to use, and what better way to start that off than with the goddamn heroines.

we have ghost girl and poor girl that we have barely discussed, especially compared to the other 2.

now since we do have a bit covered on poor girl, danna i want to hear what you had in mind with ghost girl since you did bring her up

and form here on out we'll be discussing this like we're in a chat, idc if we spam. lets just get some goddamn work done

Last edited by Alibaba on Mon May 26, 2014 6:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Al-Bhed
Machina Mechanic
Machina Mechanic
Al-Bhed

Achievement Points : 50
Waifu : fem-Al-Bhed

PostSubject: Re: Unsummer Days ~ A WDA Anime Project   Unsummer Days ~ A WDA Anime Project - Page 3 EmptySat May 24, 2014 7:15 am

But if you can't even do a single small test scene, how do you hope to ever accomplish this? It sounds to me like you already gave up.

Also, let's not brush off the lack of an artist and say we can carry on without one. It's the most basic thing and the most work, without it you are doing nothing unless you have a bunch of money to outsource.
Back to top Go down
Alibaba
Red-Eyed Warrior
Red-Eyed Warrior
Alibaba

PostSubject: Re: Unsummer Days ~ A WDA Anime Project   Unsummer Days ~ A WDA Anime Project - Page 3 EmptySat May 24, 2014 7:40 am

Al-Bhed wrote:
But if you can't even do a single small test scene, how do you hope to ever accomplish this? It sounds to me like you already gave up.

Also, let's not brush off the lack of an artist and say we can carry on without one. It's the most basic thing and the most work, without it you are doing nothing unless you have a bunch of money to outsource.

well we do really need to address the artist issue, but last i heard lesbi was trying to get one

and like i said my reason against the test run atm is we'd be making place hold art that will take time and effort and will be pointless in the end

maybe if we can secure an artist we'll start thinking of a test run, right now all we can do is at least deal with the plot related issues
Back to top Go down
Centrik
Mini Gear
Mini Gear
Centrik

PostSubject: Re: Unsummer Days ~ A WDA Anime Project   Unsummer Days ~ A WDA Anime Project - Page 3 EmptySun May 25, 2014 5:00 am

So what we're lacking now is drawers?
Back to top Go down
Alibaba
Red-Eyed Warrior
Red-Eyed Warrior
Alibaba

PostSubject: Re: Unsummer Days ~ A WDA Anime Project   Unsummer Days ~ A WDA Anime Project - Page 3 EmptySun May 25, 2014 4:39 pm

Centrik wrote:
Well yes, that is our biggest issue

Now could you please put links to what you've finished in this topic
Back to top Go down
Centrik
Mini Gear
Mini Gear
Centrik

PostSubject: Re: Unsummer Days ~ A WDA Anime Project   Unsummer Days ~ A WDA Anime Project - Page 3 EmptySun May 25, 2014 8:31 pm

also her work is like this

Unsummer Days ~ A WDA Anime Project - Page 3 10150612_602045283210560_1859348023_n

Unsummer Days ~ A WDA Anime Project - Page 3 10174889_602075973207491_1540433757_n
Back to top Go down
Alibaba
Red-Eyed Warrior
Red-Eyed Warrior
Alibaba

PostSubject: Re: Unsummer Days ~ A WDA Anime Project   Unsummer Days ~ A WDA Anime Project - Page 3 EmptySun May 25, 2014 9:07 pm

Wooaahh someone to actually do the art, cent you're a life savior

Back to top Go down
Centrik
Mini Gear
Mini Gear
Centrik

PostSubject: Re: Unsummer Days ~ A WDA Anime Project   Unsummer Days ~ A WDA Anime Project - Page 3 EmptyMon May 26, 2014 3:55 am

I'm always a savior first music now arts.
Back to top Go down
Nour Force
Magical Girl
Magical Girl
Nour Force

Achievement Points : 114
Waifu : 02

PostSubject: Re: Unsummer Days ~ A WDA Anime Project   Unsummer Days ~ A WDA Anime Project - Page 3 EmptyMon May 26, 2014 4:49 am

Centrik wrote:

Don't worry, I got this.

Unsummer Days ~ A WDA Anime Project - Page 3 Discovery-drawers
Back to top Go down
https://worldduelingacademy.forumotion.com/
Centrik
Mini Gear
Mini Gear
Centrik

PostSubject: Re: Unsummer Days ~ A WDA Anime Project   Unsummer Days ~ A WDA Anime Project - Page 3 EmptyMon May 26, 2014 3:45 pm

Thanks nour.

danny where are you I need your design paper.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Unsummer Days ~ A WDA Anime Project   Unsummer Days ~ A WDA Anime Project - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Unsummer Days ~ A WDA Anime Project
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next