World Dueling Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hang-OutHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Fightan General Discussion

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
danna45
WDA Member
WDA Member
danna45

Achievement Points : 14
Waifu : arcade bumstead

Fightan General Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Fightan General Discussion   Fightan General Discussion EmptySun May 11, 2014 12:08 am

So, this forum has a serious lack in liking fighting games(Aside from watching streams). While I doubt we all have a PS3 and Blazblue, or a Wii and SSB, there ARE fighting games on the PC, and it would be nice if everyone here gets into one of them at least, so we can host battles and gain AP/whatever points that way. I've gathered a short list of stuff available.

Short list of fightan legal for the PC
- Guilty Gear(Look for one of Kimo's topics)
- Shitty Fighter Maker games(Look for them yourself)
- Vanguard Princess(Also a Fighter Maker game but it looks decent)
- Get a console and a good game damnit
- Archeblade(MMO with fighting mechanics on a 3D plane)

If any of these look appealing, or you're curious, give it a try, and post comments below. It would be nice if we all agreed on one fighting game(Like Melty Blood) but since there are more than one option(Melty Blood), I'm listing some of them here. In particular is GGPO which plays pretty much any Arcade game at an almost lagless speed, which is definitely quite convenient if we want to fight each other here.

If you're feeling overwhelmed by the shit ton of fighting games here and don't know where to start(Or you don't really know enough to care), start with reading this relatively lengthy article. Afterwards, if you feel enlightened, you'll probably want to play Street Fighter, which is not a bad choice at all, or you can try out other stuff(Like Melty Blood), up to you.

Once you've picked something up(Like Melty Blood), look up the basics on Mizuumi wiki or another wiki of your choice, try out characters and mechanics, and tell me how it goes.

Last edited by danna45 on Sun May 11, 2014 12:52 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Al-Bhed
Machina Mechanic
Machina Mechanic
Al-Bhed

Achievement Points : 50
Waifu : fem-Al-Bhed

PostSubject: Re: Fightan General Discussion   Fightan General Discussion EmptySun May 11, 2014 12:37 am

As I said before, many times actually, we cannot promote games that are not free to play, the peer pressure makes it pretty much advertising for people to go and buy the game, which we will not do. The reason we have not been using fighting games in the games section is because there are not decent free ones on PC as far as I know.

Of course, it can be discussed among members, but never promoted as an official wda thing (even if sometimes some people forget that).

Also, we don't promote piracy on the forum, that goes without saying. The bots are watching me, they are watching you, they are watching everyone.
Back to top Go down
Alibaba
Red-Eyed Warrior
Red-Eyed Warrior
Alibaba

Achievement Points : 47
Waifu : kys

PostSubject: Re: Fightan General Discussion   Fightan General Discussion EmptySun May 11, 2014 2:13 am

obviously any fighting game will be obtained legally -cough-

hail hydra
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fightan General Discussion   Fightan General Discussion Empty

Back to top Go down

Fightan General Discussion
Page 1 of 1