World Dueling Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hang-OutHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Summer 2014 Anime Season

Go down 
+6
Nour Force
Kimo Force
Sukkito
Leokane
Al-Bhed
Alibaba
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Alibaba
Red-Eyed Warrior
Red-Eyed Warrior
Alibaba

Achievement Points : 47
Waifu : kys

Summer 2014 Anime Season Empty
PostSubject: Summer 2014 Anime Season   Summer 2014 Anime Season EmptyMon Jun 23, 2014 10:25 pm

i put it in a spoiler to make this page easier to load:

Last edited by Alibaba on Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:57 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Al-Bhed
Machina Mechanic
Machina Mechanic
Al-Bhed

Achievement Points : 50
Waifu : fem-Al-Bhed

PostSubject: Re: Summer 2014 Anime Season   Summer 2014 Anime Season EmptyMon Jun 23, 2014 11:41 pm

Akame ga kill
kawaii tatsumi really worries me

Aldnoah.Zero
Too much "art" in one place. I've learned to fear art. Thankfully, A1 is one of the most mundane studios out there so they could keep the art in check. Or just wouldn't know what to do with it.

Ao Haru Ride
Shoujo and yaoi count: 1

Bakumatsu Rock
That's some interesting pose and clothing options you got there
Shoujo and yaoi count: 2

Barakamon
I'll give it the benefit of the doubt before putting it in the list of boring pointless stuff.
For 1 episode.

Sailor Moon 2014
I'm actually looking forward to this. My memory of SM is all fuzzy since I was a kid when I watched it, and it adapts the original artstyle of endless legs. Yeeees~ those thighs and calves never end.

DRAMAtical Murder
When I first saw the description for the translated VN I was kinda excited. Then I kept reading further down the description and had my dreams crushed.
Shoujo and yaoi count: 3

Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya 2wei!
I actually watched the first one so... I'm actually kinda looking forward to this...
shut up...

Free! Eternal Summer
Shoujo and yaoi count: 4

Futsuu no Joshikousei ga [Locodol] Yatte Mita
Sure, let's also make a boring, pointless and sometimes Moe count
Boring, pointless and sometimes moe count: 1

Hanamonogatari
Kaiki will forever live in my heart, making everything else in this show kinda boring by comparison, but I'll give it the benefit of the doubt.

Hanayamata
An interesting and revolutionary premise that could possibly-
Boring, pointless and sometimes moe count: 2

Jinsei
This looks like it could be mildly amusing, so it is saved from the above count.

Kantai Collection: Kan Colle
Yay, it was about time that happened~ It will be pointless and boring too, but I am sure it will deliver what really matters here.

Kuroshitsuji: Book of Circus
Haven't watched kuroshitsuji actually, issue is mostly speed, I see no problem waiting on it a bit. I am sure it will be ok. And yeah, not entirely hetero but I won't get into that.

Love Stage!!
Shoujo and yaoi count: 5
Remember when people would recommend boku no pico as a joke? I think this season will change that, so many options.

Majimoji Rurumo
I will be accepting, it's not like there are too many options this season

Momo Kyun Sword
Yeah, sure, it's generic boobs, but it's the generic boobs we need. I mean, look at that count up there. Save us generic offensive boobs!

Nobunaga Concerto
Yeah, I know, historical figure, copyrights are evil and all, but someone should fucking copyright nobunaga so that this shit will stop. The nobunaga count is always bad, but this year it's out of control. No more nobunaga. Except Nobuna, I'd take more Nobuna.

P4GA:
People asked for this? Everything else aside, couldn't we just play the game? Isn't one animation enough? How much must persona be milked?

Psycho-Pass New Edit Version
I didn't actually watch the first one so this could be a good opportunity.

Rail Wars!!!
You'll need a lot more boobage than that to get me into a train story, anime.

Re: Hamatora
Iunno, haven't watched

Rokujouma no Shinryakusha!?
Ooooooh, that's why nanana felt off, I was remembering the description for this one instead. Ok, I will take my moe shit with acceptance. Following.

Sabagebu!
Not sure if shoujo or pointless moe. I think it's the latter.
Boring, pointless and sometimes moe count: 3

Seirei Tsukai no Blade Dance
That's actually a pretty enjoyable LN. I mean, it's harem, if you don't like that you won't like this, but it's also pretty enjoyable.

Shirogane no Ishi Argevollen
Black metal is out of style, so now we have White Metal. I can't really tell, but looking at the battlefields (generic valleys, generic forests) I have to say it seems pretty unimaginative right now.

Shounen Hollywood -Holly Stage for 49-
Shoujo and yaoi count: 6

Sword Art Online II
The yaoi in this season is so strong that even kirito is gender bent
Shoujo and yaoi count: 7
and there is nothing you can do about it

Tokyo ESP
I can confirm this was an actual thing, and that's all that I can confirm. Was thinking of reading it but never got around to it.

Tokyo Ghoul
I don't trust horror anime, not after what happened to snk

Zankyou no Terror
I could possibly get behind this, but judging by the artstyle, this is probably shoujo and the main character is the girl there, and we all know (or at least most of us) how stupid that turns out. I mean, look at the guy at the right, would you trust him with "waking up this complacent nation from its slumber"? I wouldn't. No.
Shoujo and yaoi count: 8

Is summer the season the fujoshi crawl out of the woodwork? Can someone explain this phenomenon?
Back to top Go down
Leokane
Zombie Child
 Zombie Child
Leokane

Achievement Points : 19
Waifu : Leokane
DoolFool

PostSubject: Re: Summer 2014 Anime Season   Summer 2014 Anime Season EmptyMon Jun 23, 2014 11:55 pm

I saw no suspense in that Tokyo Ghoul video and typically anime horror is like modern Resident Evil horror, lot of action but not a lot of horror. That being said I like a dark action anime and I'll give it a try if I have the free time.
Back to top Go down
http://instagram.com/leokanexyz
Sukkito
WDA Member
WDA Member
Sukkito

Achievement Points : 0
Waifu : Sukkito

PostSubject: Re: Summer 2014 Anime Season   Summer 2014 Anime Season EmptyTue Jun 24, 2014 12:02 am

[Akame ga Kill!]
Sword fighting all day every day! Hope it does not fail my expectations.
I'm expecting it to have lots of blood and slow motion scenes of swords clashing.

[Aldnoah.Zero(A-1)]
They have a nice team working on it,sadly Teiler had no combat in it.
But by the looks of the Animation/Music/Voice Acting/Character Design  it looks promissing.
Hope it doesn't fail in Fighting segment,because the only reason people watch "Grundam" animes is to see giant robots smashing each other till they become spare parts.

[Ao Haru Ride(Production I.G.)]
I'm not a fan of "Slice of Life" animes,story of this one sounds pathetic to me.
I dislike the Character Design but everything else is in place (Story isn't) and looks okay.

[Bakumatsu Rock]
Looks like a Steam-Punk Music anime,correct me if I'm wrong.
Should be fun to watch if it's going to have lots of humour in it :D.

[Barakamon]
PV's too short for me to judge the anime.
Story's promising,hope they got good Voice Actors for it.
And ya,I like Character Design and the Animation.

[Sailor Moon]
:Pukes:
NEXT!!

[DRAMAtical Murder]
Cyber-Punk Anime that has a Video Fighting Game in it,count me in lol!
I don't like the fact VP has Zoophilia :/. I like the Animation and Character design.
I dislike the music :/.

[Fate/kaleid liner Prisma?Illya 2wei!]
No!!

[Free! Eternal Summer]
NO!!

[Futsuu no Joshikousei ga [Locodol] Yatte Mita]
It looks Funny,hope it does not fail my expectations blink.

[Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun]
I don't know,it looks okay.
But mehhhhh idk :/.

[Glasslip]
While watching the PV I imagined SIMS logo in it's top-right corner.
I like everything about it,not sure If I'm going to watch it because I'm not a fan of "Slice of Life" Animes..

[Hanamonogatari]
Main character is a slut >_<.

[Hanayamata]
Anime made for Nour O_O.

[Jinsei]
Harem or get out :_:!

[Kantai Collection: Kan Colle]
Ass + Card Games = Win~

[Kuroshitsuji: Book of Circus(A-1)]
Circus ! Yay!

[Love Stage!!(J.C. Staff)]
Is that a Girl voice-actting that Blond guy?
It feels that way.Nai,nat gonna watch it.

[Majimoji Rurumo]
That Witch's so cute mannnnnn.
Story looks like it's going to be goofy.
Character Design's okay,animation is not attractive as other animes coming out this summer.

[Momo Kyun Sword]
People behind this love Boobs,it's going to be like Fairy Tail.
Fan service,not sure If I like that xP.

[Nobunaga Concerto]
Charachter design's perfectooooooooooooooooooooo.
Story's interesting ,hope its going to have lots of Sword Fighting.

[Persona 4 The Golden Animation(A-1)]
Animation is nice,and that is it :/.

[Psycho-Pass New Edit Version]
Legit Sci-Fi anime,think I'm going to love this.

[Rail Wars!!!]
Like everything about it (Especially the Titso).

[Re: Hamatora]
-No Comment-

[Rokujouma no Shinryakusha!?]
Magical Harem?
Yeah :_: !

[Sabagebu!]
Lolis with guns,that is just wrong...

[Seirei Tsukai no Blade Dance]
Masters and Heroic Spirits?
I'm only going to try it because it's made by same studio that made DxD!

[Sengoku Basara Judge End]
I like swords.
I don't like this.

[Shirogane no Ishi Argevollen]
Animation,Character Design,Robots it's all good.
Combat reminds be off one seen in "Sigma 6",god I love that Animated Series.
Sure,gonna check this out.
+1 For the ass @Ali

[Shounen Hollywood -Holly Stage for 49-(Zexcs)]
Not even gonna bother reading it.
It has Hollywood in the title = No!

[Space?Dandy 2]
-No Comment-

[Sword Art Online II]
OH MY GOD.I CAN'T WAIT TO WATCH THIS!!!
Yeah I liked everything about SAO ,problem?

[Tokyo ESP]
You what mate?

[Tokyo Ghoul]
Reminds me of Bleach,I'm sure hardcore Bleach fans are going to love it!
I might watch it as well ,as it isn't one of those lame "horror" animes where characters are lunatic lolis (God I hate those >_<).

[Zankyou no Terror]
Dammit it looks amazing.
Feels like DayZ,hope plot's not going to mess everything up blink.

[END NOTE]
This is my first Anime seasson I'm going to watch (As watch every single anime (At least 1-2 Episodes)).
@Ali thank you for making the topic.
P.S: It's 3-4 ,not 2-3 .......
Back to top Go down
Kimo Force
WDA Staff
WDA Staff
Kimo Force

Achievement Points : 9
Waifu : Galko-chan

PostSubject: Re: Summer 2014 Anime Season   Summer 2014 Anime Season EmptyTue Jun 24, 2014 12:24 am

Al-Bhed wrote:
P4GA:
People asked for this? Everything else aside, couldn't we just play the game? Isn't one animation enough? How much must persona be milked?

Nobody asked for it. A lot of people are kinda fed up with how Atlus has been milking Persona 4 lately. I mean, sure, they'll buy the game anyways, but everyone is still worried that this is going to become a thing, where all we'll be seeing is Persona 4, and having it chugged down our throats for the upcoming years. It might even come to the point where when Persona 5 comes out, they're like "ummm just kidding! Here's more Persona 4!"

Persona 4 is good, I get it, but the cheerful atmosphere is still pretty off-putting for a lot of people who just want the morbid and dark stories back, the initial pull that got people into the series. The only reason why a lot of people still focus on it a lot is because of the gameplay and Social link system, which is at its best. Persona and Persona 2 did have the more complex system, sure, but it was just too clumsy and not well-implemented.

If anything, a minority of people want to see the original Persona and Persona 2 remastered and brought back again, and this time with all of the things that brought those games down being either fixed or removed. Persona 2 had the most morbid story in the entire series, and despite its flaws, it was pretty enjoyable.

It's just a shame that Atlus has forgotten about those games because they didn't sell all that well in Japan. There's a decent Western fanbase for the second game though. Still, the games are pretty old, and Atlus insisted on only remaking them as they were instead of adding new stuff and removing the old stuff that made the gameplay not all that great.

About the anime, thing is Atlus said that it was going to make a new huge announcement, and everyone got excited and all, and it turns out....that the new remake was the announcement. Everyone expected Persona 5, maybe even some new characters from P4U2 (Ken, Koromaru and Adachi weren't announced yet), but nope this is what we got. Everybody I saw was frustrated beyond belief, and some even wanted to boycott Atlus, like, honestly. Everyone was just very upset.

Everyone but ex-senpai.

Ex-senpai wrote:
OMG NEW PERSONA 4 MY LIFE IS BACK AGAIN AAAAAAH HA FUCK YOU ALL YOU HATERS I'M GOING TO BE A PERSONA FANATIC AGAIN AAAAAAAAAHHH YESYESYESYES I NEED THIS IN MY LIFE

This is not her exact reaction though, it's what I assume is her reaction. This is the same reaction to everything Persona 4-related, so I wouldn't be surprised if this were it. I mean, even when Atlus announced Persona Q, Persona 4 Dance, and Persona 5, she only cared about the Persona 4 stuff and hardly bothered with Persona 5.

But I think I'll skip out on this anime season as well. I'll be busy watching old stuff that I missed out on, and maybe I'll watch a show or two from this list when they're close to being finished. Maybe Akame ga Kill and Zankyou no Terror since Ali seems to be excited about the most, and if they do end up being pretty good as everyone says.
Back to top Go down
Nour Force
Magical Girl
Magical Girl
Nour Force

Achievement Points : 114
Waifu : 02

PostSubject: Re: Summer 2014 Anime Season   Summer 2014 Anime Season EmptyTue Jun 24, 2014 1:36 am

I'm just gonna go ahead and copy Skit's layout despite the fact I'm barely going to write anything good.

[Akame ga Kill!]
Oh look, another kewl picture. o-o
Spoiler:

[Aldnoah.Zero(A-1)]
While a lot of people hype about an anime made by Urobuchi, I'm not very interested in mecha, but will still give it a try.

[Ao Haru Ride(Production I.G.)]
It's the girl in your avi!!!!!!!!!

[Bakumatsu Rock]While I'm not sure how I feel about trying out a second boys anime by Studio Deen... what's with the poofy hair?
Spoiler:

[Barakamon]
Ahhh, yes. The anime I'm hyping for before even seeing the PVs for absolutely no reason. The "young handsome" part about the MC is so true. Well, it seems these days, being sent off to a place with farms & getting used to living there is a genre of its own. The little girl seems cheeky. Not Nonon-level cheeky. Just cheeky. WAIT. WAIT. I JUST NOTICED SOMETHING. THE VOICE ACTOR... IS ONO DAISUKE. YES. THIS IS THE REASON I'M HYPING NOW. THIS IS MY NEW REASON FOR HYPING THIS SO MUCH. Oh, and I watched a PV of it a few days ago, different one:
Spoiler:

[Sailor Moon]
You screwed the alphabetical order. :x

[DRAMAtical Murder]
DID YOU SAY BOY LOVE b-because it's not like I care about that. I feel ashamed because I can never make any posts like "Oh wow, the character design looks awful, but the plot looks really interesting and the OST is so nice and fitting" I'm just gonna go ahead and say potato. But the city looks so colorful. o.o

[Fate/kaleid liner Prisma?Illya 2wei!]
I really doubt most of us have watched the first season.

[Free! Eternal Summer]
YES
YES
YES
YES
YES
YES
YES
YES

[Futsuu no Joshikousei ga [Locodol] Yatte Mita]
Ehhh... probably a short anime.

[Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun]
Ah yes, a shoujo anime about shoujo manga. I want.

[Glasslip]
Well, at the start of the PV I thought this would be kinda boring but it really does give that simple slice of life thing.

[Hanamonogatari] Hanamonogatari features Suruga Kanbaru and is set after Koyomi Araragi graduates from high school. Also, all 5 episode are going to air on Aug 16, 2014.
Spoiler:

[Hanayamata] Summer 2014 Anime Season Ali_110Summer 2014 Anime Season Ali_033Summer 2014 Anime Season Ali_086
Spoiler:

[Jinsei]
sup

[Kantai Collection: Kan Colle]
Al-Bhed: ali, the title of your kantai collection PV says "fake", not that I don't like it, I dl'd it when it was out a few months back, but still, fake
Al-Bhed: also, it shows an ass, which is hardly ok

[Kuroshitsuji: Book of Circus(A-1)]
Well, as someone who watched Kuroshitsuji and read the manga... yeah.

[Love Stage!!(J.C. Staff)]
ahahaha that's so gay ahahaha i would never watch something so freaking gay ahahahaha gay ahaha... when's the first episode coming out? c: because... coming out... okay.

[Majimoji Rurumo]
umm.. ok. Cute enough for me. Reminded me of Nagato Yuki.

[Momo Kyun Sword]
Why are her boobs embarrassed

[Nobunaga Concerto]
GUYS WHY IS 3D ANIMATION SUDDENLY HAPPENING

[Persona 4 The Golden Animation(A-1)]
My comments are slowly getting smaller and smaller.

[Psycho-Pass New Edit Version]
The "new edit version" will take the first series and re-cut it into 11 one-hour episodes with new cuts of footage. Guess I'll wait for the next season.

[Rail Wars!!!]
I KNOW, HOW MANY ANIME ABOUT TRAINS DO YOU KNOW?!

[Re: Hamatora]
I plan on watching this... once it finishes airing. Along with season 1. x:

[Rokujouma no Shinryakusha!?]
*Looking at the synopsis before seeing the PV*
Okay, let's see... someone got an extremely cheap room, okay. OH LOOK A FUCKING GHOST WHO CAN'T LEAVE THE ROOM, COME ON. THAT'S A COPY OF NANAN- oh you already said that. Seeing the PV, however, this is different from Nanana. Nanana is somewhat comedic and about discovering who killed Nanana. Doing this, they go to ruins. Ruins are puzzles which involve physical abilities and intelligence. Lacking so can either get you nothing, minor bruises, or death depending on the puzzle in question. This anime, however, is a magical boobs pantsu harem. I bet it'll still suck, though, because Nanana was kinda bad too. ;p

[Sabagebu!]
It's a duck platypus.

[Seirei Tsukai no Blade Dance]
Do I even
No
No, I don't even

[Sengoku Basara Judge End]
dem sequels

[Shirogane no Ishi Argevollen]
dat ass

[Shounen Hollywood -Holly Stage for 49-(Zexcs)]
"Now i get why people were upset when free happened, it opened the fucking gates for this shit."
...LOL.

[Space☆Dandy 2]
I DIDN'T WATCH SEASON 1.
GUYS, STOP MAKING SEASON 2 SEQUELS AND GET ME HAGANAI 3.

[Sword Art Online II]
Watching for trap Kirito and guns. For some reason, I've completely forgotten about SAO II.

[Tokyo ESP]
AHHH YES THE CLASSIC THIS FLYING FISH GAVE ME SUPER POWERS. Hah. Flying fish. Because... it's a legit fish. Okay...

[Tokyo Ghoul]
"Another(heh) anime trying to be horror and mystery"
...lol.
It looks interesting. No organs in sight! :3

[Zankyou no Terror]
This looks interesting. 2boys vs Tokyo. ggnore

---------------------------------------------

Time to list the outcome; which anime series' I'm going to be watching.
Without a * means I planned on watching it before seeing this topic.

Akame ga Kill!
Aldnoah.Zero
Ao Haru Ride
*Bakumatsu Rock
Barakamon
DRAMAtical Murder
Free! Eternal Summer
*Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun
Glasslip
Hanamonogatari
*Jinsei
Kuroshitsuji
Love Stage!!
*Majimoji Rurumo
*Momo Kyun Sword
Rail Wars!!!
Sword Art Online II
Tokyo ESP
Tokyo Ghoul
*Zankyou no Terror

And then a good 3/4 of them turn out to be bad and get dropped. =)
You sure put a lot of work into this topic, though. c:
http://livechart.me/summer/tv
Back to top Go down
https://worldduelingacademy.forumotion.com/
Sukkito
WDA Member
WDA Member
Sukkito

Waifu : Sukkito

PostSubject: Re: Summer 2014 Anime Season   Summer 2014 Anime Season EmptyTue Jun 24, 2014 1:44 am

YOU STOLE MY FORMAT!!!!
ADMOIN >_< !
Back to top Go down
Alibaba
Red-Eyed Warrior
Red-Eyed Warrior
Alibaba

PostSubject: Re: Summer 2014 Anime Season   Summer 2014 Anime Season EmptyTue Jun 24, 2014 4:42 am

@nour it's full name is bishoujou senshi sailor moon, so technically i didn't
Also tell al fake ass is still ass(also it's the only pv available), and ass is in our banner, obviously a big thing for our lovely communitty
Back to top Go down
HyperJYGBSP
WDA Member
WDA Member
HyperJYGBSP

Waifu : HyperJYGBSP
IPDRAMON

PostSubject: Re: Summer 2014 Anime Season   Summer 2014 Anime Season EmptyTue Jun 24, 2014 5:10 am

Uh..so complicated
Anyway, interesting opinion, we should talk about them sometime..I suppose, or something desu
Tehepero, uhm more on topic.
After reading through your post I may watch more of the anime but..I dunno..it's so complicated
I don't really want to follow like 10-20 anime either, that's just ridiculous so..yeah.
Maybe like 5-10, but even then it depends....sigh
Back to top Go down
Rika Furude
Dark Witch
 Dark Witch
Rika Furude

Achievement Points : 37
Waifu : xerneas

PostSubject: Re: Summer 2014 Anime Season   Summer 2014 Anime Season EmptyThu Jun 26, 2014 5:14 am

i see something Studio Deen that isn't Higurashi. It is going to suck Higurashi is only thing Studio Deen did good with
Back to top Go down
Al-Bhed
Machina Mechanic
Machina Mechanic
Al-Bhed

PostSubject: Re: Summer 2014 Anime Season   Summer 2014 Anime Season EmptyThu Jun 26, 2014 7:41 am

Rika Furude wrote:
i see something Studio Deen that isn't Higurashi. It is going to suck Higurashi is only thing Studio Deen did good with
Only as back as 2011 and until now there was 2 seasons of Kore wa Zombie Desu ka, Rozen Maiden: Zurückspulen and Sankarea. Sankarea is decent, I rate the other 2 pretty highly, they did an excellent job with the material they had imo. I mean, yeah, they lack the definitive quality of being higurashi and have the clear downfall of not being higurashi, but I believe that the anime industry is ready to advance past the point where the singular measure of quality is higurashi.
Back to top Go down
Alibaba
Red-Eyed Warrior
Red-Eyed Warrior
Alibaba

PostSubject: Re: Summer 2014 Anime Season   Summer 2014 Anime Season EmptyThu Jun 26, 2014 1:00 pm

Al-Bhed wrote:
Well while i do like kore wa zombie desu ka? and sankarea was nice. i think we can agree their animes for the most part... aren't really of the highest quality

not that i'd watch the series even if it wasn't made by deen.

THAT ASIDE

>kawaii tatsumi
Summer 2014 Anime Season BNdcqsa

>chapter 1 tatsumi
Summer 2014 Anime Season QrCnXVQ
Back to top Go down
Al-Bhed
Machina Mechanic
Machina Mechanic
Al-Bhed

PostSubject: Re: Summer 2014 Anime Season   Summer 2014 Anime Season EmptyThu Jun 26, 2014 11:06 pm

They have done a lot of average stuff, but the point is the thing I am responding to, it is not true they can do nothing but higurashi. Heck, rozen maiden was my favourite last summer season and they did a great job with it.

And kawaii tatsumi worries me greatly. You know why it's happening? It's the yaoi season, that's why it's happening, it's a shota ready to be thrown into bl fanfictions. Mein will be getting additional death flags for not being a dude by the time it comes up.
Back to top Go down
Alibaba
Red-Eyed Warrior
Red-Eyed Warrior
Alibaba

PostSubject: Re: Summer 2014 Anime Season   Summer 2014 Anime Season EmptyThu Jun 26, 2014 11:15 pm

Al-Bhed wrote:
They have done a lot of average stuff, but the point is the thing I am responding to, it is not true they can do nothing but higurashi. Heck, rozen maiden was my favourite last summer season and they did a great job with it.

And kawaii tatsumi worries me greatly. You know why it's happening? It's the yaoi season, that's why it's happening, it's a shota ready to be thrown into bl fanfictions. Mein will be getting additional death flags for not being a dude by the time it comes up.
i think he'll probably start looking more mature the more it goes on like in the manga. though it's easier to make slight art changes in manga than in anime i guess

Back to top Go down
Rika Furude
Dark Witch
 Dark Witch
Rika Furude

Achievement Points : 37
Waifu : xerneas

PostSubject: Re: Summer 2014 Anime Season   Summer 2014 Anime Season EmptyFri Jul 04, 2014 3:54 am

is it just me or does toya soul look ALOT like Another
Back to top Go down
Alibaba
Red-Eyed Warrior
Red-Eyed Warrior
Alibaba

PostSubject: Re: Summer 2014 Anime Season   Summer 2014 Anime Season EmptyFri Jul 04, 2014 4:08 am

Rika Furude wrote:
is it just me or does toya soul look ALOT like Another
i'm assuming you meant to say *tokyo ghoul
and it's just because of the mc, after watching the first episode they're really nothing alike

so since by now 6 animes have had their first episode i'll say my opinion on them

sabagebu or w.e was the first to air and it was very... underwhelming. it wasn't horrible just not very good at being funny which is all it was trying to do.

i skipped the homosexual ones so i don't really know about those

today we had 3 animes

the first, which i will be calling generic mech because its name is not worth mentioning, was extremely fucking generic

the second, tokyo ghoul, was stupid and not really "horror" more like gore.

the third....glasslip.. it was awful... just extremely boring and uneventful... sigh
Back to top Go down
Al-Bhed
Machina Mechanic
Machina Mechanic
Al-Bhed

PostSubject: Re: Summer 2014 Anime Season   Summer 2014 Anime Season EmptyFri Jul 04, 2014 7:26 am

Generic mech was generic mech.

Glasslip was an example of artistic masturbation, it's basically when the director is trying to be artistic, but forgets that art is supposed to communicate, so he is just doing cool shots for himself, wasting everyone's time. It took them 20 minutes to tell us they are a group of teenagers where some teenagers in the group are horny for other teenagers in the group. Also, the nice and standard "Show character and show name" in the opening. I'm not taking a bloody test... I won't remember that information and no one will... You took 20 minutes to masturbate, take out some of those wasted minutes to properly introduced your transparent characters...

After those 2 I tried to watch tokyo ghoul. Half the screen going black for no reason, epic music in "horror" scenes, nonsensical battle. You know what, I've wasted enough time today. Just no. Maybe another time.
Back to top Go down
Nour Force
Magical Girl
Magical Girl
Nour Force

Achievement Points : 114
Waifu : 02

PostSubject: Re: Summer 2014 Anime Season   Summer 2014 Anime Season EmptyFri Jul 04, 2014 8:23 am

Sooo... I watched half of Glasslip and I just... I just couldn't keep it up any further, considering Alibaba told me not to watch it in the first place. I'm sorry. This was too boring. I should never stop watching an episode half-way, but this is... this is Sparta. I'll see both episodes together next week.

Tokyo Ghoul escalated quickly and yeah I guess it was kinda stupid but I may or may not see the next episode before deciding whether to drop it or not.

Also, Bakumatsu Rock sucks. I knew it would suck, though, so I can't say I've been let down, but... hand-written synopsis; In the 19th century, people didn't use swords on people. They used THE POWER OF MUSIC. Anyone who sings or writes any song besides Heaven's Song is going to get in trouble with the government. So this overly passionate optimistic MC wants to rebel with a few others and use the power of rock to get freedom of music. What could possibly go wrong? It's funny, because I didn't even like the MC's voice. Dropped P.S. the show includes every girl there being a fujoshi.

Oh, and Free! was amazing =D
Back to top Go down
https://worldduelingacademy.forumotion.com/
Alibaba
Red-Eyed Warrior
Red-Eyed Warrior
Alibaba

PostSubject: Re: Summer 2014 Anime Season   Summer 2014 Anime Season EmptySat Jul 05, 2014 4:11 am

to continue the first episode review

locodol was very 'okay', which is honestly more than i could say for anything else that came out so far

on the other hand.... rail wars..
Summer 2014 Anime Season 1JjYmXw
Back to top Go down
Kimo Force
WDA Staff
WDA Staff
Kimo Force

PostSubject: Re: Summer 2014 Anime Season   Summer 2014 Anime Season EmptySat Jul 05, 2014 4:59 am

So....I'm guessing this is titilation season, huh?
Back to top Go down
Al-Bhed
Machina Mechanic
Machina Mechanic
Al-Bhed

PostSubject: Re: Summer 2014 Anime Season   Summer 2014 Anime Season EmptySat Jul 05, 2014 6:24 am

Kimo Force wrote:
So....I'm guessing this is titilation season, huh?
This is clearly the yaoi season, boobs are in the minority
Back to top Go down
Reikan
Baby Turtle
 Baby Turtle
Reikan

Achievement Points : 12
Waifu : MangArmand

PostSubject: Re: Summer 2014 Anime Season   Summer 2014 Anime Season EmptySun Jul 06, 2014 4:57 am

Free... it was pretty decent first season, but KyoAni decided to please fangirls with the premiere. I mentioned it in chat, I will give Free and SAO the benefit of the doubt with 5 episodes, and if i am not satisfied i shall drop. Bakumatsu Rock was just an experience lol, dropped it. You need friends, rock n roll, magical girl-esque sequences, and music collages Mekaku style to fight off oppressive boy-band governments!

I don't have much hope for this season at all. I am only interested in RAIL WARS!, Zakyou no Terror, Space Dandy 2, Psycho Pass, and Aura Sphere. Idk im really disappointed so far...
Back to top Go down
http://ilikeanimesobiteme.tumblr.com/
Alibaba
Red-Eyed Warrior
Red-Eyed Warrior
Alibaba

PostSubject: Re: Summer 2014 Anime Season   Summer 2014 Anime Season EmptySun Jul 06, 2014 5:12 am

allll haaaiill aldnoah, our possible savior for this season. may it lay rest to all the boring shit we've had so far.

on a side note fuck SAO
Back to top Go down
Kimo Force
WDA Staff
WDA Staff
Kimo Force

PostSubject: Re: Summer 2014 Anime Season   Summer 2014 Anime Season EmptySun Jul 06, 2014 5:21 am

But that's the point to what I've said. Yaoi, titilation for the girls, and the couple few fanservice shows for the boys. It's referring to how most of the excitement this season is over fanservice anime.
At least until we get a slice of Akame ga Kill.
Back to top Go down
Alibaba
Red-Eyed Warrior
Red-Eyed Warrior
Alibaba

PostSubject: Re: Summer 2014 Anime Season   Summer 2014 Anime Season EmptySun Jul 06, 2014 5:32 am

Kimo Force wrote:
But that's the point to what I've said. Yaoi, titilation for the girls, and the couple few fanservice shows for the boys. It's referring to how most of the excitement this season is over fanservice anime.
At least until we get a slice of Akame ga Kill.
there's about 6-7 fanservice animes out of the 36 animes that are airing this season, they're just noticeable because of how stupid they are.. like with rail wars above

most the hype this season is over the couple of aciton animes that seem worthwhile

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Summer 2014 Anime Season   Summer 2014 Anime Season Empty

Back to top Go down

Summer 2014 Anime Season
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next