World Dueling Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hang-OutHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Summer 2014 Anime Season

Go down 
+6
Nour Force
Kimo Force
Sukkito
Leokane
Al-Bhed
Alibaba
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Alibaba
Red-Eyed Warrior
Red-Eyed Warrior
Alibaba

Achievement Points : 47
Waifu : kys

Summer 2014 Anime Season - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Summer 2014 Anime Season   Summer 2014 Anime Season - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 23, 2014 10:25 pm

First topic message reminder :

i put it in a spoiler to make this page easier to load:

Last edited by Alibaba on Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:57 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Reikan
Baby Turtle
 Baby Turtle
Reikan

Achievement Points : 12
Waifu : MangArmand

Summer 2014 Anime Season - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summer 2014 Anime Season   Summer 2014 Anime Season - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 23, 2014 3:40 pm

I think this'll be my last batch of animu that I'm watching this season. Here's my impressions of the following shows:

Summary of other impressions:

Aldonah Zero (yes a 3rd time.): The show has redeemed itself! It's pretty good now. Just ignore Inaho's lack of emotion and you've got yourself a pretty dramatic mech show.

New verdict: 7.5/10

Barakamon: Barakamon really gives me the same feeling I had when I first watched GTO back in them weeb days. I think it's an overstatment people make by calling it "funny"--I mean sure it has its lulzy moments, but really where it counts is the journey that Handa has and watching him turn into a humble man is the richest part of this show. I know I wouldn't do reviews, but if you want to interpret this into a rating, it would be around a 9.5/10, honestly. If they could implement the humor a little more and perfect the presentation of the humor in some other way, then I would've gave it a perfect score, honestly. On another note, how I will look at anime reviews is a "how you should view it yourself" kind of thing, and I'll demonstrate with Barakamon as an example. I would buy this as a Blu-Ray. The replay value is pretty high and I can only see this show being able to stand the test of time.

Verdict: 9.5/10

Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun: I love how Gekkan Shojo Nozaki-kun takes a play as a satire on RomComs. It's too good to be true, this show. It's anything but brilliant with it's play on tropes and cliches. The actual RomCom they happen to have reminds me of School Rumble a little bit with the satirical nature of the MCs' relationship. Why the hell wasn't I watching this from the start?!

Verdict: 8.5/10

Sabagebu!: The first half of the show had a great first shot at being a great laid-back comedy, but so far the second half is just ok. There's some laughs here and there and ongoing gags that are starting to feel like back up jokes. It's ok, but then again it has some hilarious moments here and there.

Verdict: 6.5/10

As far as my personal favorite goes, it's a tie between Barakamon and Zankyou no Terror honestly. Behind that would easily be Nozaki-kun.
Back to top Go down
http://ilikeanimesobiteme.tumblr.com/

Summer 2014 Anime Season
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3