World Dueling Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hang-OutHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Summer 2014 Anime Season

Go down 
+6
Nour Force
Kimo Force
Sukkito
Leokane
Al-Bhed
Alibaba
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Alibaba
Red-Eyed Warrior
Red-Eyed Warrior
Alibaba

Achievement Points : 47
Waifu : kys

Summer 2014 Anime Season - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Summer 2014 Anime Season   Summer 2014 Anime Season - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 23, 2014 10:25 pm

First topic message reminder :

i put it in a spoiler to make this page easier to load:

Last edited by Alibaba on Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:57 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Nour Force
Magical Girl
Magical Girl
Nour Force

Achievement Points : 114
Waifu : 02

PostSubject: Re: Summer 2014 Anime Season   Summer 2014 Anime Season - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 07, 2014 9:04 am

Akame ga Kill! is our lord and savior. Looks promising, as someone who hasn't read the manga. Slashy slashy c: Akame's cute~ And her voice actor is cute~ Summer 2014 Anime Season - Page 2 AEIJFS6
See? Adorable! Even the OP is adorable!
Shoujo and Yaoi count: 9

I loved Barakamon but it might just be me. A tsundere handsome calligrapher with a cute loli living in the whole I-have-to-get-used-to-this-non-city-life. We've been having a lot of those lately, huh?

[DRAMAtical Murder]
"If you're going to watch this, prepare to be disappointed." I mutter those words to myself as I realize nobody else had any expectations of it whatsoever. Actually, the story won't make any sense until episode two. Aoba... Skip through his ordinary life; there's a popular virtual fighting game called Rhyme. Everyone loves Rhyme. Aoba doesn't love Rhyme. Aoba somehow has to play Rhyme. Everyone has a team. Aoba doesn't have a team. Aoba will probably have a team. Oh, and all his friends are gay.
Oh, and here's two pictures of his dog.
Spoiler:

Sword Art Online II, it uhh... fuck your Kirito and Asuna talk. THEY'RE WEARING THE SAME COLOR CLOTHES AS THEIR IN-GAME SELVES!!!

Aldnoah.Zero can't really be judged yet as Alibaba said.
Open this if you saw the first episode of it:

[Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun]
When I first read the synopsis, I was kinda confused. It said "Sakura Chiyo confesses to her crush, Nozaki-kun, but he mistakes her as a fan!"
I was just thinking, how do you mix up a confession with that?
Then I watched the anime.
The confession was "I'm your fan!"
OTL
Well, it's a shoujo anime about a shoujo manga artist and a shoujo. It's cute. It's not about a handsome boy, really. The girl is cuter.
Back to top Go down
https://worldduelingacademy.forumotion.com/
Mirasi
WDA Member
WDA Member
Mirasi

Achievement Points : 0
Waifu : Mirasi / Sexy Neko

PostSubject: Re: Summer 2014 Anime Season   Summer 2014 Anime Season - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 07, 2014 10:03 pm

in fairness, I'm gonna give GGO a try, since it has guns in it.
If I'm bored by ep 3 I'll stop.
Back to top Go down
Al-Bhed
Machina Mechanic
Machina Mechanic
Al-Bhed

Achievement Points : 50
Waifu : fem-Al-Bhed

PostSubject: Re: Summer 2014 Anime Season   Summer 2014 Anime Season - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 08, 2014 1:29 am

Yeah, there are some things that are early to judge with Aldnoah, but the bluntness of certain characters is something you can judge from episode one. Especially the main character. It starts off and I see him a bit bored and unemotional, but I am thinking, you know what, it's a standard routine, it's morning, no one is excited over that. Then he enters the bus, he is somehow even more uninvested. But again, morning, it's routine, it's boring, I get it.
Then he notices a missile. Stares for a bit at where it was. Slowly turns around and calmly declares to his friends in a monotone:
"Let's get away from here right now.
-pause-
A missile is coming."

I'm not a particularly emotional person myself irl, but my voice gets more coloured than that when a bee is approaching. I imagine a missile would make things a bit more hectic. But really? A missile heading to your location doesn't even get a slight bit of urgency out of you? Is he going to be a blank character forever? Because if that didn't work for him to show at least some emotion, what will? Heck, Shiba Tatsuya is a more emotional character, and he is known for being a robot gary stu.

Also, I knew that they had the same composer from SnK, but I didn't think they'd directly rip off a music track from it...

And I think that Count Cruhteo uses the good ol' technique of taking care of a different puppy every day and having someone kill it in front of him so that he can maintain that face even at random times. It seems like a popular thing in that world in fact.

Edit: Forgot to add, it's not like it will be terrible, I mean, that's a common character issue you will find with some gundam characters at least, and it still turns out good, in the end it's giant robots and can be fun. So long as they focus on that because the characters are meeeeeeeeeeeeeh

Seriously though, bloody missiles...
Back to top Go down
Alibaba
Red-Eyed Warrior
Red-Eyed Warrior
Alibaba

PostSubject: Re: Summer 2014 Anime Season   Summer 2014 Anime Season - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 10, 2014 7:31 am

move aside aldnoah, akame ga kill and tokyo ghoul. the true anime of 2014 has arrived and that fabulous anime is known as love stage.

Summer 2014 Anime Season - Page 2 Maxresdefault
LOOK AT OUR GLORIOUS MC IN HIS FABULOUS WEDDING DRESS
Back to top Go down
Alibaba
Red-Eyed Warrior
Red-Eyed Warrior
Alibaba

PostSubject: Re: Summer 2014 Anime Season   Summer 2014 Anime Season - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 11, 2014 9:03 am

Al-Bhed wrote:

Zankyou no Terror
I could possibly get behind this, but judging by the artstyle, this is probably shoujo and the main character is the girl there, and we all know (or at least most of us) how stupid that turns out. I mean, look at the guy at the right, would you trust him with "waking up this complacent nation from its slumber"? I wouldn't. No.
Shoujo and yaoi count: 8

god damn it al
Back to top Go down
Nour Force
Magical Girl
Magical Girl
Nour Force

PostSubject: Re: Summer 2014 Anime Season   Summer 2014 Anime Season - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 11, 2014 1:23 pm

I'm just gonna go ahead and gather the cbox discussion.

Glasslip tends to switch to something pointless and boring once the scene at hand is interesting e.e. "I love y-" WAIT NO THAT WAS TOO DRAMATIC let's switch to something nobody cares about.

Zankyou no Terror looks shoujo interesting.

The Psycho-Pass New Edit Version doesn't have any major differences. Aside from two scenes being added so far (adding up to about a minute), it's exactly the same. I don't know what I expected, this isn't a remake.

Tokyo Ghoul hasn't changed much. BUT GHOULS CAN DRINK COFFEE!!! okay there's nothing much, one more episode to judge it? Guuuys? Guys?! D:
Back to top Go down
Alibaba
Red-Eyed Warrior
Red-Eyed Warrior
Alibaba

PostSubject: Re: Summer 2014 Anime Season   Summer 2014 Anime Season - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 12, 2014 10:08 am

fucking tokyo ESP
i had no idea what it was going to be like, but dear god
it started with the start of the climax, all action all w.e and it's all treated as if you actually know what's going on without any real explaining.
this was probably the most note worthy of the first episodes this season, not that it's a good way to start an anime.. it's just.. notable
Back to top Go down
Al-Bhed
Machina Mechanic
Machina Mechanic
Al-Bhed

PostSubject: Re: Summer 2014 Anime Season   Summer 2014 Anime Season - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 14, 2014 5:40 am

Aldnoah is going from average to straight up bad for me. Actions and plots are getting inconsistent, directing is trying too hard and ends up going the other way (not glasslip bad, but it does have a slightly opposite effect and you can see wasted effort), singing bgms are shoved everywhere to force a scene to sound epic, making it just cheesy in the end and that f***ing MC, I hope that soon they explain him by at least mentioning that his emotions were surgically removed due to a rare disease and that he is blackmailing the other characters for absolute obedience because I see no other reason for them to listen to that furniture.

And can someone explain to me what braking while being chased and then accelerating again accomplished? Are we supposed to learn it at least in the next episode? Or was it just there to confirm that he is blackmailing his classmates?
Back to top Go down
Nour Force
Magical Girl
Magical Girl
Nour Force

PostSubject: Re: Summer 2014 Anime Season   Summer 2014 Anime Season - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 14, 2014 1:42 pm

Aldnoah is giving me very conflicted feelings.
Spoiler:

At least pretend you care, you dumbfuck.
Will likely drop it by next week.

Edit:
MAL wrote:
Pros:
The MC. This is one of the few mechas (that have a kid MC) who literally does not cry and whine when something goes bad. In fact, it might be the ONLY one. No emotion to deaths whatsoever. That is amazing. I love it.

The main characters all seem pretty interesting. They are all human. 99% of anime have completely fake acting/looking characters. I'm sorry, but nobody acts like your favorite anime character unless they are in a mental facility.
...lol.

EditEdit: MAL is telling me the purple mecha is an eggplant and Inaho is autistic!!!

OKAY JUST ONE MORE EDIT
"Okisuke's death seemed relatively painless as he got evaporated pretty quick so he's got that going for him which is (kinda) nice."
Back to top Go down
Al-Bhed
Machina Mechanic
Machina Mechanic
Al-Bhed

PostSubject: Re: Summer 2014 Anime Season   Summer 2014 Anime Season - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 15, 2014 11:52 pm

Never mind me, just incrementing my count
Himegoto
https://imgur.com/2VDsbmi.jpg
Shoujo and Yaoi count: 9
Yeah, sure, not exactly yaoi, but the word that used to be there was gay, which is a perfect fit

Now, if you'll excuse me, I feel a bit sick.
Back to top Go down
Alibaba
Red-Eyed Warrior
Red-Eyed Warrior
Alibaba

PostSubject: Re: Summer 2014 Anime Season   Summer 2014 Anime Season - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 18, 2014 11:40 am

well zankyou no terror which seems to be the best thing so far thankfully isn't actually making this entirely about the girl ...for now

Back to top Go down
Nour Force
Magical Girl
Magical Girl
Nour Force

PostSubject: Re: Summer 2014 Anime Season   Summer 2014 Anime Season - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 18, 2014 12:41 pm

Alibaba wrote:
well zankyou no terror which seems to be the best thing so far thankfully isn't actually making this entirely about the girl ...for now
Silly Alibaba, reading the Akame ga Kill! manga and chet. Lisa's so emu. Her mother is even more emu. Like mother like daughter.

Tokyo Ghoul was pointless this week. OTL But Love Stage!! best anime of the season /thread.
Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun:
Back to top Go down
Mirasi
WDA Member
WDA Member
Mirasi

PostSubject: Re: Summer 2014 Anime Season   Summer 2014 Anime Season - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 20, 2014 6:31 am

so SAO2 hasn't been bad, but it's been annoying. Episode 3 and we haven't actually seen the main character in the new game yet. :T
Back to top Go down
Alibaba
Red-Eyed Warrior
Red-Eyed Warrior
Alibaba

PostSubject: Re: Summer 2014 Anime Season   Summer 2014 Anime Season - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 20, 2014 2:08 pm

sao 2 is .. really.. really slow

but that aside, aldnoah redeemed itself with episode 3. that was quite fun to watch, even unemotional mc couldn't bring it down.
Back to top Go down
Reikan
Baby Turtle
 Baby Turtle
Reikan

Achievement Points : 12
Waifu : MangArmand

PostSubject: Re: Summer 2014 Anime Season   Summer 2014 Anime Season - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 20, 2014 5:37 pm

Alright here are my first impressions thus far:

Glasslip: Imo Glasslip ain't half bad. Gives me the usual AnoHana/NagiAsu melodramatic vibe. At first after watching the second episode I thought that this was another work by Mari Okada, then discovered it was by some guy named Kazemichi. Albeit episode 1 was basically "ERMAGERD PURTY FIREWORKS I SAW IT BRO!" without any real direction, you continue on and it already gives you this melodrama similar to NagiAsu and AnoHana, which is a good thing. I love how P.A. works truly delivered so far, though I'm waiting for their
magical eye candy moment like they had in NagiAsu:
, or perhaps all we'll get for that caliber was in episode 1.

Aside from art and animation (P.A. delivered so far,) it's hella slow and the development is slow. I don't have very much complaints other than just how slow it is. Though for the complex love web and possible jokes that'll come from it in my group of friends (my friends love these complex things after seeing NagiAsu,) I'll stick around for this one. I like it enough to carry on. It isn't bad, it isn't okay, it ain't great, it ain't amazing--It's just alright.

Verdict: 6/10

HaNaYaMaTa:
Peek-a-boo:

my personal favorite this season (haven't checked out Zenkyou no Terror yet, but I will say this statement regardless.) I do not exaggerate. I really like this despite the common consensus here of it being average. I will say that as a moe slice of life, it is pretty darn good. As a stand alone aside from those labels, it definitely can do a lot better I'll admit. The characters are cute and unique and definitely have this charm to them that I can't quite put my finger on. The writing for some of the emotional scenes are actually pretty good. And omg, the OP is just a boner for the heart.

Verdict: 7.5/10

SAO 2: Turn off all logic, turn off critical mind, turn off expectations and go in for da booty and gunz and swordz and you got yourself best animu ever. Animation and art are good, A-1 did their job there, but good Lord... Needless to say: Sinon booty is a good booty. I wants the figure now thx AmiAmi.

Verdict: 3/10

Sailor Moon Crystal: I like what I see aside from the super polished lips on Usagi and Usagi's voice and...dat Miku Miku Dance sequences in OP and every episode. I have mixed feelings but overall I like it.

Verdict: 8/10

Free Eternal Summer: For me personally, I know nobody here likes Free, but I really enjoyed season 1. It was great as a sports anime and it did what it needed to do pretty well in season 1. Season 2 just threw away the plot and dove straight into the fanservice. Why do I continue watching? They actually introduced a rival who's a bit of an asshole, so that's good but they're not doing much with him anyways... Regardless the art and animation are pretty good as expected from KyoAni.

Verdict: 5/10

Love Stage: Umm, it's pretty funny so far I guess... if they kept it at a 2 episode OVA this would be pretty darn great for anyone, but I'm afraid of what's to come.

Verdict: ?/10 (I don't know how I feel about this.)

I'll post my first impressions for Rail Wars, Ao no Haru Ride, Aldonah Zero and Akame ga Kill later when I catch up on them.
Back to top Go down
http://ilikeanimesobiteme.tumblr.com/
Mirasi
WDA Member
WDA Member
Mirasi

PostSubject: Re: Summer 2014 Anime Season   Summer 2014 Anime Season - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 20, 2014 9:00 pm

Doesn't look like anyone's been commenting on it, so just gonna say, Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun is actually hilarious. y'all should watch it.
Back to top Go down
Alibaba
Red-Eyed Warrior
Red-Eyed Warrior
Alibaba

PostSubject: Re: Summer 2014 Anime Season   Summer 2014 Anime Season - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 20, 2014 10:55 pm

Mirasi wrote:
Doesn't look like anyone's been commenting on it, so just gonna say, Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun is actually hilarious. y'all should watch it.
yea it is, it's definitely the best comedy from this season
Back to top Go down
Nour Force
Magical Girl
Magical Girl
Nour Force

PostSubject: Re: Summer 2014 Anime Season   Summer 2014 Anime Season - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 05, 2014 8:19 am

Dem tanuki. Nozaki-kun is such a good anime, best comedy of the season-- or rather, best I've had in a while. Each episode feels like about five minutes. Who's the better girl, Mikorin, female Nozaki, or Mamiko Nozaki? I really love this.
Aldnoah is slowly getting better, the only thing that mostly bothered us was the MC and missile reactions, but the MC is starting to show signs of emotion!!!
And Ao Haru Ride, ah yes, (episode 5 spoiler)
Spoiler:
SAO managed to make an episode of good pacing, Tokyo Ghoul is still being silly, and Zankyou no Terror... Zankyou no Terror is still amazing. Lisa spoke.
Back to top Go down
Reikan
Baby Turtle
 Baby Turtle
Reikan

PostSubject: Re: Summer 2014 Anime Season   Summer 2014 Anime Season - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 09, 2014 8:08 pm

Rail Wars: Rail Wars is really just my balance for all of the yaoi for the season. It's pure fun and it's your typical ecchi, but train themed. The booty game is strong and Sakurai is a tough competitor for waifu of the season.

Ao no Haru Ride: So take season 1 of Kimi no Todoke and smash it all in episode 1. Then take all of the problems from season 2, and smash those into episodes 2-4. Yes. This is a romance that's pretty straight forward (and being right to the point works in the show's benefit.) A pretty ok romance. Though still not quite as compelling as Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun or Toradora, but it's more comparable to Kimi no Todoke when it comes to the romantic part of it (aside from the MC guy being kind of an edge lord, hormone induced teenager who has emo problems.)

Verdict: 7/10

Aldonah Zero: We've beat this thing to death here. I'm very meh about it. Just mindless mech drama and lots of explosions and mass murder. Nice touch, but so fucking inconsistent it's ridiculous.

Verdict: 4/10

Akame ga Kill: All hail the edgiest show of the season! The gore is great and the girls are great. The plot is nice and funky that's setting up for a seriously kick-ass adventure that's waiting to be unfolded as time goes on. Very fun show to watch for me.

Zankyou no Terror: This show is perfection. From the writing to directing, from animation to CG effects, literally every aspect of this show is so carefully planned out. The effort that's put into this show really is appreciated by the entire anime community and seeing that makes me happy. The animation even makes it look like an anime that was made in 2014 rather than 2010. The pacing is superb. So amazing that I can even say it's as good as Death Note and Code Geass' pacing. They keep you wanting more. It's a shame that it's only 11 episodes long, we could really use 24 with how things are going. I like how things are right now, the mystery that's hidden with our MCs is a great thing. There is no sense of morality in the show since the story focuses on both sides of the coin, but keeps one coin shrouded in a seemingly tainted history. I will gladly say this is the anime of the year. I don't think anything can be this carefully planned. If this show keeps its consistency until the very end, I could very well make this one of my top 5 favorite anime of all time. Seriously, it's so damn good.

Verdict: 9.5/10 (will be 10/10 if they keep it up.)

Himegoto: I finally have my short for the season. I've read the manga already so I already have a huge bias for it. Who doesn't love traps, especially if this trap is arguably one of the cutest ever made? The humor is pretty good for a 4 minute short. If you want more, just go read the manga. They have another series in this franchise as well that you could go check out too that keeps the same humor and whatnot. Really fun anime.

Back to top Go down
Mirasi
WDA Member
WDA Member
Mirasi

PostSubject: Re: Summer 2014 Anime Season   Summer 2014 Anime Season - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 10, 2014 10:25 am

Reikan wrote:
Rail Wars: Rail Wars is really just my balance for all of the yaoi for the season. It's pure fun and it's your typical ecchi, but train themed. The booty game is strong and Sakurai is a tough competitor for waifu of the season.

Ao no Haru Ride: So take season 1 of Kimi no Todoke and smash it all in episode 1. Then take all of the problems from season 2, and smash those into episodes 2-4. Yes. This is a romance that's pretty straight forward (and being right to the point works in the show's benefit.) A pretty ok romance. Though still not quite as compelling as Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun or Toradora, but it's more comparable to Kimi no Todoke when it comes to the romantic part of it (aside from the MC guy being kind of an edge lord, hormone induced teenager who has emo problems.)

Aldonah Zero: We've beat this thing to death here. I'm very meh about it. Just mindless mech drama and lots of explosions and mass murder. Nice touch, but so fucking inconsistent it's ridiculous.

Verdict: 4/10

Akame ga Kill: All hail the edgiest show of the season! The gore is great and the girls are great. The plot is nice and funky that's setting up for a seriously kick-ass adventure that's waiting to be unfolded as time goes on. Very fun show to watch for me.

Zankyou no Terror: This show is perfection. From the writing to directing, from animation to CG effects, literally every aspect of this show is so carefully planned out. The effort that's put into this show really is appreciated by the entire anime community and seeing that makes me happy. The animation even makes it look like an anime that was made in 2014 rather than 2010. The pacing is superb. So amazing that I can even say it's as good as Death Note and Code Geass' pacing. They keep you wanting more. It's a shame that it's only 11 episodes long, we could really use 24 with how things are going. I like how things are right now, the mystery that's hidden with our MCs is a great thing. There is no sense of morality in the show since the story focuses on both sides of the coin, but keeps one coin shrouded in a seemingly tainted history. I will gladly say this is the anime of the year. I don't think anything can be this carefully planned. If this show keeps its consistency until the very end, I could very well make this one of my top 5 favorite anime of all time. Seriously, it's so damn good.

Verdict: 9.5/10 (will be 10/10 if they keep it up.)

Himegoto: I finally have my short for the season. I've read the manga already so I already have a huge bias for it. Who doesn't love traps, especially if this trap is arguably one of the cutest ever made? The humor is pretty good for a 4 minute short. If you want more, just go read the manga. They have another series in this franchise as well that you could go check out too that keeps the same humor and whatnot. Really fun anime.

+10 for zankyou
Back to top Go down
Reikan
Baby Turtle
 Baby Turtle
Reikan

PostSubject: Re: Summer 2014 Anime Season   Summer 2014 Anime Season - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 10, 2014 11:10 am

I actually am really liking Aldonah now... if you ignore Robot-kun and just pay attention to how well directed the show is and appreciate the battles, I think I could raise my rating from a 4 to a 6.5.
Back to top Go down
Alibaba
Red-Eyed Warrior
Red-Eyed Warrior
Alibaba

PostSubject: Re: Summer 2014 Anime Season   Summer 2014 Anime Season - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 10, 2014 7:29 pm

actually inaho himself isn't 'too' bad, but he's a bit hard to like. he even has some comedy moments.
and he's sharing the mc spotlight with slain so it's more or less fine by me. the best part is honestly the fights, and the whole setting itself is pretty nice.
Back to top Go down
Mirasi
WDA Member
WDA Member
Mirasi

PostSubject: Re: Summer 2014 Anime Season   Summer 2014 Anime Season - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 11, 2014 9:53 am

is it me or is SAO2 actually being good? after like, 4 episodes it started being good, and this frustrates me, because it's SAO.
Back to top Go down
Alibaba
Red-Eyed Warrior
Red-Eyed Warrior
Alibaba

PostSubject: Re: Summer 2014 Anime Season   Summer 2014 Anime Season - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 11, 2014 11:02 am

well it's for 2 episodes... i don't want to jinx it...
and yea it's been better than the original managed to be
Back to top Go down
Nour Force
Magical Girl
Magical Girl
Nour Force

PostSubject: Re: Summer 2014 Anime Season   Summer 2014 Anime Season - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 15, 2014 10:57 pm

Oh look, I found a 44 second summary for Aldnoah.

I've been on r/anime... damnit, Vettel

But I didn't want my post to just be Aldnoah (Despite the video, it's actually a nice mecha anime worth watching, just saying) so here you go.

Spoiler:
Thanks, horror anime of the season.
Thanks, Tokyo Ghoul.

Now available as a gif for your comfort Summer 2014 Anime Season - Page 2 Th_113_
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Summer 2014 Anime Season   Summer 2014 Anime Season - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Summer 2014 Anime Season
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next