World Dueling Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hang-OutHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Anime of the Year for 2014!

Go down 
+8
Jaden ecchi
danna45
Kimo Force
Mirasi
Leokane
Rika Furude
J.J. Knight
Nour Force
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Nour Force
Magical Girl
Magical Girl
Nour Force

Achievement Points : 114
Waifu : 02

Anime of the Year for 2014! Empty
PostSubject: Anime of the Year for 2014!   Anime of the Year for 2014! EmptyFri Jan 02, 2015 4:39 am

And just like Kimo's topic, no, it's not a competition. Unless you want one, I don't know.

I understand we've had a waifu of the year contest, but let's have a few little discussions about our favorite anime* from last year, doesn't that sound fun? We don't have to stick with just one, you know.
*plural

And to avoid the whole "2013 or 2014" phenomenon (Nagi no Asukara), let anything which started or finished airing in 2014 count in this topic.
Back to top Go down
https://worldduelingacademy.forumotion.com/
Reikan
Baby Turtle
 Baby Turtle
Reikan

Achievement Points : 12
Waifu : MangArmand

PostSubject: Re: Anime of the Year for 2014!   Anime of the Year for 2014! EmptyFri Jan 02, 2015 5:12 am

Anime of the year...mmm Me thinks I'd either give it to Psycho Pass or Aldnoah Zero. Not sure yet. Maybe Zankyou no Terror? What about Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun and SPACE DANDY!? Heck we might as well throw UBW in there too. How about we stick to nominees at least? That should take some burden off ;~;

Back to top Go down
http://ilikeanimesobiteme.tumblr.com/
J.J. Knight
Envoy Soldier
Envoy Soldier
J.J. Knight

Achievement Points : 32
Waifu : no laifu

PostSubject: Re: Anime of the Year for 2014!   Anime of the Year for 2014! EmptyFri Jan 02, 2015 7:56 am

Attack on Titan without a doubt. Sword Art Online 2 is a close second.
Back to top Go down
Alibaba
Red-Eyed Warrior
Red-Eyed Warrior
Alibaba

Achievement Points : 47
Waifu : kys

PostSubject: Re: Anime of the Year for 2014!   Anime of the Year for 2014! EmptyFri Jan 02, 2015 5:52 pm

well my extreme bias with ubw aside, i don't remember many really 'remarkable' anime this year.
I mean the ones i liked the most were some of the more SoL and comedy ones. I mean from the action animes psycho-pass new edit was the best but that's a bit cheating since it's just a 40min episode version of the original...
and the best of the SoL was shirobako and that's still airing into 2015

so that said, the anime of the year is obviously....
PING PONG THE ANIMATION.

Back to top Go down
Rika Furude
Dark Witch
 Dark Witch
Rika Furude

Achievement Points : 37
Waifu : xerneas

PostSubject: Re: Anime of the Year for 2014!   Anime of the Year for 2014! EmptySun Jan 04, 2015 10:08 am

J.J. Knight wrote:

Pretty sure AoT is from 2013

Back to top Go down
J.J. Knight
Envoy Soldier
Envoy Soldier
J.J. Knight

Achievement Points : 32
Waifu : no laifu

PostSubject: Re: Anime of the Year for 2014!   Anime of the Year for 2014! EmptySun Jan 04, 2015 12:00 pm

Rika Furude wrote:
J.J. Knight wrote:

Pretty sure AoT is from 2013

Attack on Titan is so good, it wins 2014 because it doesn't have competition.
Back to top Go down
Leokane
Zombie Child
 Zombie Child
Leokane

Achievement Points : 19
Waifu : Leokane
DoolFool

PostSubject: Re: Anime of the Year for 2014!   Anime of the Year for 2014! EmptySun Jan 04, 2015 11:43 pm

The only anime I even watched that came out this year was Tokyo Ghoul. The anime wasn't as good as the manga but my only problem was the censorship and skipping past events from the manga. Voice acting was good to me anyway and the anime got me into the manga which is now my favorite manga.

...So yeah, Tokyo Ghoul...bite me.
Back to top Go down
http://instagram.com/leokanexyz
Mirasi
WDA Member
WDA Member
Mirasi

Achievement Points : 0
Waifu : Mirasi / Sexy Neko

PostSubject: Re: Anime of the Year for 2014!   Anime of the Year for 2014! EmptyMon Jan 05, 2015 3:03 am

No Zankyou no Terror nomination?
wow well here it is then
Back to top Go down
Kimo Force
WDA Staff
WDA Staff
Kimo Force

Achievement Points : 9
Waifu : Galko-chan

PostSubject: Re: Anime of the Year for 2014!   Anime of the Year for 2014! EmptyMon Jan 05, 2015 3:55 am

Anime of the Year for 2014! Tumblr_mmje5edfpD1rw9b6io1_1280
Well, at least for me it was. This and No Game No Life were the only two anime I watched from last year.
Bless Baba for convincing me to stick around when I considered dropping it.
Back to top Go down
danna45
WDA Member
WDA Member
danna45

Achievement Points : 14
Waifu : arcade bumstead

PostSubject: Re: Anime of the Year for 2014!   Anime of the Year for 2014! EmptyMon Jan 05, 2015 4:00 am

I'd like to choose Shirobako but for the sake of simplicity I won't go for shows that started but didn't end, or ended but didn't start in big ol' 2014. Likewise Nagi no Asukara is out. With that...

my contenders for AOTY goes to... Gochuumon, Ping Pong, Barakamon, Fate/stay night's last episode, Amabri's last episode, Yuki Yuna, Kara no Kyoukai: Mirai Fukuin's bluray release, Doraemon the Movie: Stand by Me, Non Non Biyori OVA, Me! Me! Me!, SF5's leaked trailer, Dragon Ball Z's opening, Guilty Gear Xrd's opening, Saga 2, SDKsFinalForm's LOVE PHANTOM combo video, and the seventh episode of Inou Battle. Oh, and Minna Atsumare! Falcom Gakuen, of course.

hmmmmm I'll go with...Ping Pong, yeah. That really was AOTY. Amazing ride for a one-cour show. Rad OST, lovely characters and a mundane yet soulful story.
Back to top Go down
Jaden ecchi
WDA Member
WDA Member
Jaden ecchi

Waifu : Jaden H

PostSubject: Re: Anime of the Year for 2014!   Anime of the Year for 2014! EmptyMon Jan 05, 2015 2:01 pm

baby steps
Back to top Go down
http://heroduelacademy.forumotions.in
Reikan
Baby Turtle
 Baby Turtle
Reikan

PostSubject: Re: Anime of the Year for 2014!   Anime of the Year for 2014! EmptyMon Jan 05, 2015 3:53 pm

Yeah I'll stick with Aldnoah Zero. Took me some soul searching to get to that conclusion. I personally really found the directing to be well-paced and I, personally found the ending to be fitting since its Urobuchi. Urobuchi is the George R.R. Martin of anime, he truly is. I also liked how the plot and historical context were woven in so naturally through the character development of pretty much all of the characters. It's a clever story with a clever twist on mech battles as well.

On that last point... SPOILERS ARE ON:

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Alibaba
Red-Eyed Warrior
Red-Eyed Warrior
Alibaba

PostSubject: Re: Anime of the Year for 2014!   Anime of the Year for 2014! EmptyMon Jan 05, 2015 6:08 pm

Reikan wrote:
Yeah I'll stick with Aldnoah Zero. Took me some soul searching to get to that conclusion. I personally really found the directing to be well-paced and I, personally found the ending to be fitting since its Urobuchi. Urobuchi is the George R.R. Martin of anime, he truly is. I also liked how the plot and historical context were woven in so naturally through the character development of pretty much all of the characters. It's a clever story with a clever twist on mech battles as well.

Spoiler:

urobuchi didn't actually write it or want that ending, he wrote the first 3 episodes and that was it. they did the ending that way to easily cash in on the urobuchi name that was already attached to it even though urobuchi never really just randomly ends the series with slaughtering everyone at once... but i guess since people just associate him with "characters dying" non-specifically at this point it's works for the series. kind of like how people making fun of michael bay's explosions for being firework-like turned into people making fun of him for explosions in general.

also "character development" sure.....

also the climax overall was really just a giant mess, the entire last 2 episodes were almost laughable at.

*cough*

it's your opinion, like what you want.
i mean i didn't even really "hate" it.
Back to top Go down
Vettel
WDA Member
WDA Member
Vettel

Waifu : Vettel

PostSubject: Re: Anime of the Year for 2014!   Anime of the Year for 2014! EmptyTue Jan 06, 2015 9:39 am

From my enjoyment I would vote AOTY No Game No Life. Its just a fun anime, it knows what it wants to be, has a very good soundtrack and visuals which fit the style perfectly. It just is what it needs to be and doesnt overdo it, sure it doesnt have a lot of story and character progression but it doesnt need to have as it doesnt really aim for it. Its interesting to see how they approach games/puzzles and how they win them. The problem with it is. is the same as with a lot of animes, its just too short and we dont really get to see the rest of the world,races etc.

From story point and what I have finished I would give AOTY to Tokyo Ghoul. I dont really care about the censorment and theres not much point to give it less because it wasnt what it could had been. (To people who dislike it was different from manga). It has constant story progression and a lot of main character development through out the anime, it has a solid soundtrack (I love the OP). The side characters also get enough story to make you care about them.

Do note that I have not finished Ping Ping, Psycho pass, Barakamon which could change my opinion on AOTY. Also I think Log Horizon is still amazing and has excellent story progression, the story isnt focused on 1 character at all (meanwhilekiritopls), lets just hope it gets even better as it goes on. What falls in middle of my 2 categories is Amagi Brilliant Park which was a mix of a good story and brilliant(hue) humor but I did not like its ending that much so I put Tokyo Ghoul over it. (Im gonna count episode 12 as the ending, 13 just seemed like an extremely fun OVA.) If it had a better ending I would had put it over Tokyo Ghoul as it does have very good progression in middle episodes mixed with great humor.
Back to top Go down
danna45
WDA Member
WDA Member
danna45

PostSubject: Re: Anime of the Year for 2014!   Anime of the Year for 2014! EmptyTue Jul 21, 2015 3:07 am

Reikan wrote:

Spoiler:
ya still feel that way armand? :^)
Back to top Go down
Alibaba
Red-Eyed Warrior
Red-Eyed Warrior
Alibaba

PostSubject: Re: Anime of the Year for 2014!   Anime of the Year for 2014! EmptyTue Jul 21, 2015 8:01 am

why are you reviving this? why are you asking someone who isn't even active? dan pls

Back to top Go down
danna45
WDA Member
WDA Member
danna45

PostSubject: Re: Anime of the Year for 2014!   Anime of the Year for 2014! EmptyWed Jul 22, 2015 12:59 am

b-but i'm curious

does he still think that after S2
Back to top Go down
Alibaba
Red-Eyed Warrior
Red-Eyed Warrior
Alibaba

PostSubject: Re: Anime of the Year for 2014!   Anime of the Year for 2014! EmptyWed Jul 22, 2015 1:08 am

tis sad but it seems we will never truly know
not that any of us bothered even fully watching s2...
Back to top Go down
danna45
WDA Member
WDA Member
danna45

PostSubject: Re: Anime of the Year for 2014!   Anime of the Year for 2014! EmptyWed Jul 22, 2015 1:13 am

i watched the last episode, that gotta count for something.

right? Right?

fuck slaine
Back to top Go down
Alibaba
Red-Eyed Warrior
Red-Eyed Warrior
Alibaba

PostSubject: Re: Anime of the Year for 2014!   Anime of the Year for 2014! EmptyWed Jul 22, 2015 1:15 am

slaine did everything wrong

btw now that i think back on it, i really would give shirobako anime of 2014
even if it did end in 2015
it was just so beautiful
Back to top Go down
danna45
WDA Member
WDA Member
danna45

PostSubject: Re: Anime of the Year for 2014!   Anime of the Year for 2014! EmptyWed Jul 22, 2015 1:19 am

now that 2015 has started, yeah. Shirobako was just unlike anything else.

P.A Works, please, for all that's good within you, animate an S2. We never did cover an OP/ED episode, did we?
Back to top Go down
Alibaba
Red-Eyed Warrior
Red-Eyed Warrior
Alibaba

PostSubject: Re: Anime of the Year for 2014!   Anime of the Year for 2014! EmptyWed Jul 22, 2015 1:42 am

nah, i don't want a s2 tbh
it ran long enough and ended well
Back to top Go down
danna45
WDA Member
WDA Member
danna45

PostSubject: Re: Anime of the Year for 2014!   Anime of the Year for 2014! EmptyWed Jul 22, 2015 1:44 am

b-but they planned to have it be four cours originally anyway

so i'm curious how they would've filled in the other half
Back to top Go down
Alibaba
Red-Eyed Warrior
Red-Eyed Warrior
Alibaba

PostSubject: Re: Anime of the Year for 2014!   Anime of the Year for 2014! EmptyWed Jul 22, 2015 1:50 am

eh, i don't want it to be too long to the point where i get sick of it or the quality starts dipping
i mean i guess i'm curious about what they had planned, but i'm pretty satisfied with it as is
Back to top Go down
Reikan
Baby Turtle
 Baby Turtle
Reikan

PostSubject: Re: Anime of the Year for 2014!   Anime of the Year for 2014! EmptyTue Jul 28, 2015 4:06 am

danna45 wrote:
Reikan wrote:

Spoiler:
ya still feel that way armand? :^)

Here's my 1 week late reply to your 6 month necropost:

1) I FUCKING CALLED IT

2) I stick by my thoughts for season one being amazing

3)Its ironic that aldnoah s1 has some of the best redemption i've seen in anime in a long while, but s2 is the worst downfall i've seen in a long while as well.

4) Let's pretend season 2 doesn't exist JUST LIKE HOW THERE IS NO TSUKIHIME ANIME

and

5) Close this fucking thread lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anime of the Year for 2014!   Anime of the Year for 2014! Empty

Back to top Go down

Anime of the Year for 2014!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next