World Dueling Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hang-OutHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Anime of the Year for 2014!

Go down 
+8
Jaden ecchi
danna45
Kimo Force
Mirasi
Leokane
Rika Furude
J.J. Knight
Nour Force
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Nour Force
Magical Girl
Magical Girl
Nour Force

Achievement Points : 114
Waifu : 02

Anime of the Year for 2014! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Anime of the Year for 2014!   Anime of the Year for 2014! - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 02, 2015 4:39 am

First topic message reminder :

And just like Kimo's topic, no, it's not a competition. Unless you want one, I don't know.

I understand we've had a waifu of the year contest, but let's have a few little discussions about our favorite anime* from last year, doesn't that sound fun? We don't have to stick with just one, you know.
*plural

And to avoid the whole "2013 or 2014" phenomenon (Nagi no Asukara), let anything which started or finished airing in 2014 count in this topic.
Back to top Go down
https://worldduelingacademy.forumotion.com/

AuthorMessage
Al-Bhed
Machina Mechanic
Machina Mechanic
Al-Bhed

Achievement Points : 50
Waifu : fem-Al-Bhed

PostSubject: Re: Anime of the Year for 2014!   Anime of the Year for 2014! - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 28, 2015 4:35 am

Never. Seasonal anime is timeless.
Back to top Go down
danna45
WDA Member
WDA Member
danna45

Achievement Points : 14
Waifu : arcade bumstead

PostSubject: Re: Anime of the Year for 2014!   Anime of the Year for 2014! - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 28, 2015 8:34 pm

seasonal anime will become a pasttime we'll look back to with fond memories in 10 years or so when Abe has finally banned anime from television
Back to top Go down
Alibaba
Red-Eyed Warrior
Red-Eyed Warrior
Alibaba

Achievement Points : 47
Waifu : kys

PostSubject: Re: Anime of the Year for 2014!   Anime of the Year for 2014! - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 28, 2015 9:46 pm

Reikan wrote:
danna45 wrote:
Reikan wrote:
Yeah I'll stick with Aldnoah Zero. Took me some soul searching to get to that conclusion. I personally really found the directing to be well-paced and I, personally found the ending to be fitting since its Urobuchi. Urobuchi is the George R.R. Martin of anime, he truly is. I also liked how the plot and historical context were woven in so naturally through the character development of pretty much all of the characters. It's a clever story with a clever twist on mech battles as well.

On that last point... SPOILERS ARE ON:

Spoiler:
ya still feel that way armand? :^)

Here's my 1 week late reply to your 6 month necropost:

1) I FUCKING CALLED IT

2) I stick by my thoughts for season one being amazing

3)Its ironic that aldnoah s1 has some of the best redemption i've seen in anime in a long while, but s2 is the worst downfall i've seen in a long while as well.

4) Let's pretend season 2 doesn't exist JUST LIKE HOW THERE IS NO TSUKIHIME ANIME

and

5) Close this fucking thread lol

Pffffffffffffft
Ok you can like whatever you want but.... BUT.... ALDNOAH WAS SHIT.
Despite my personal enjoyment for uh.. at least half of the series, i have to say it has a ton of fucking problems
For starters those first 2 episodes were just so slow, awkward, generic and uninteresting and they were just barely carried by sawano's ost going all mad in the background. After that we start with them fighting a much superior mech which was fun but then they just take that one thing and repeat it over the course of the entire goddamn series and probably even season 2 that i will admit i didn't bother watching. Just the same exact formula with just a different enemy with barely adding anything to it and never really being creative even though it was the strongest part of this weak series which ended up getting really dull by the 2nd half.

Other than that repeated shit it had terrible characters that were awkward, annoying, very badly developed if at all, inconsistent, barely had a personality to hold them together with the mc literally having none, had bad arcs that ended abruptly and sometimes just didn't have a pay off at all, and none of them managed to be even likable.

And it had a terrible finale that was stupid, extremely ridiculous and contrived and messy as hell. Some of it almost went to the point where i'd swear it was meant as a joke despite it being treated super seriously, and it felt like it was barely keeping track of itself and wasn't even sure what to do with some of the characters or what excuse to give to force characters in situations they shouldn't be in, force them out of situations they should be in or just give them somewhere to be until they needed them, which with some characters was just too goddamn obvious.

And that's without even taking into consideration the very very end where the main characters "die", which is probably the only thing most people remember about the last 2-3 episodes despite how stupid and terrible it was.
That moment was so forced, didn't make sense for the character, didn't  have any lasting effects, and was so clearly just forced in there to get everyone shocked and riled up because the show at that point had just given up and had nothing else to offer that could be note worthy besides just pure shock value and cashing in on the fact that people are associating urobuchi with the series.
But you can't just throw it out there like that without proper effort and planning going into it, that is not how you make a good ending, that does not actually improve your show, it's like saying a horror movie is good because jumpscares startled you it's just not how it works.
Sure you need it to be shocking but at the very least set it up in a way that make sense, have it feel like even if it is a shock it actually fits in to the story, let the shock actually have some kind of pay off for itself afterwards maybe some kind of effect on story or the characters or even some kind of pay off on things that were established before it in some way just anything that makes it have weight.
But i guess for them getting something slightly memorable out of the series is worth shitting on what little that was worthwhile about the story, even if some remember it with hate it's still better for the popularity of the series than something that would've complimented the story but was forgettable which just reasserts that there was very little actually worthwhile about the series with even its creators giving up on it.

So yeah, aldy a shit, and as we all know my opinion is fact.
Back to top Go down
danna45
WDA Member
WDA Member
danna45

Achievement Points : 14
Waifu : arcade bumstead

PostSubject: Re: Anime of the Year for 2014!   Anime of the Year for 2014! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 29, 2015 9:42 pm

here's your reply you wanted

i agree

k thanks

bai

i dunno, i feel the sawano OST was pretty distracting at times. like okay the ED song is great but, for the insert songs, sawano tracks made the scenes they're in feel very disconnected from the rest of the show. which was already shit in the first place but still. when i hear robots doing their thing with some female vocals singing in the background it feels weird. it's not like aquarion where the insert songs are pivotal for the robot fights and all. it's not the same because aldy takes itself seriously, so when the western-ish j-pop starts kicking in, i just give up on caring about the show.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anime of the Year for 2014!   Anime of the Year for 2014! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Anime of the Year for 2014!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2