World Dueling Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hang-OutHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Generic Generals Generally Generate Hate

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Al-Bhed
Machina Mechanic
Machina Mechanic
Al-Bhed

Achievement Points : 50
Waifu : fem-Al-Bhed

Generic Generals Generally Generate Hate Empty
PostSubject: Generic Generals Generally Generate Hate   Generic Generals Generally Generate Hate EmptySat Jul 16, 2011 3:12 am

Now don't judge me for this, it is a deck I made 10 minutes ago when I was making another Ice Barrier deck but I thought I'd share.
First the decklist

18 Monsters

3 General Grunard of the Ice Barrier
1 General Gantala of the Ice Barrier
1 Medium of the Ice Barrier
2 General Raiho of the Ice Barrier
1 Dai-Sojo of the Ice Barrier

3 Preacher of the Ice Barrier
2 Strategist of the Ice Barrier
1 Sacred Spirit of the Ice Barrier

2 Swap Frog
1 Treeborn Frog
1 Fishborg Blaster

19 Spells

3 Medallion of the Ice Barrier
3 Trade-In
3 Salvage
3 Surfacing
1 Book of Moon
1 Dark Hole
1 Foolish Burial
1 Giant Trunade
1 Magic Triangle of the Ice Barrier
1 Monster Reborn
1 Moray of Greed

3 Traps
3 Royal Decree (should probably spice it up here a bit but I will switch it all over later so...)

Extra
not made yet, WATER + generics

So, what is the purpose of this deck?
Abusing the new card that came out in Photon Shockwave, Preacher of the Ice Barrier
http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Preacher_of_the_Ice_Barrier
Generic Generals Generally Generate Hate 300px-PreacheroftheIceBarrierPHSW-JP-C

So what is this? A lv2 Aqua Ice Barrier monster that you can tribute to special summon an Ice Barrier monster from your graveyard. If you control another Ice Barrier monster you can special summon it from your hand but then you cannot special summon lv5 or higher monsters.

So you can summon any Ice Barrier in your graveyard, including those big guys, by normal summoning it/special summoning it via an effect.

It being a lv2 aqua WATER Ice Barrier with 1000 ATK means it can be dumped by Swap Frog, added to hand by salvage, special summoned by surfacing, discarded by Strategist or Swap, fulfil the summon requirements for fishborg blaster and searched by Medallion of the Ice Barrier.

There is 3 of them with everything else and 2 swap because (A) it's faster, and (B) having 2 in your graveyard means an excelent +1, at least, with salvage which prepares you for good things.

So now all you need is a strong monster in your graveyard and there he comes in to get it in your field at 141. How do you get them in your graveyard?

First of all we have Strategist of the Ice Barrier, you discard 1 Ice Barrier to draw 1 card and he is searchable by Medallion of the Ice Barrier.

Then we have Trade-In for Grunard as he is a lv8, and as he is searchable by medallion the trade-in will rarely be dead even at 3.

We also have Magic Triangle of the Ice Barrier, which allows you to directly summon them on the field if you have 2 more Ice Barriers in your hand.

And finaly we have the surprise factors, Swap Frog and Fishborg Blaster. Swap Frog can discard them in order to be special sumoned and send a Preacher as well! Fishborg though may be the better one, while he is in the graveyard you can summon a Preacher of the Ice Barrier, who is a lv2 Water monster fulfilling the conditions for his effect. Now you can discard a General to bring out the fishborg blaster and then summon the blaster. Now tribute the Preacher to get the general and you are synchro ready if the general is not Grunard! You dont have to discard a general/high level monster actually though, simply when you summon Preacher and before you tribute it to get the ice barrier high level monster summon the fishborg and use it with whatever you will summon!

Of course we also have Foolish Burial but you didnt need me to tell you.

Decree ensures that they will be safe although I will probably ditch it for a specialized control version of the deck that is more compact on monsters and s/t and can be more efficient since it seems very possible. However even if your opponent has a bigger monster than you you can get over it. For example you can use your Sacred Spirit of the Ice barrier (search it by medallion etc.). When it is on the field with another Ice Barrier it can bounce another monster instead of itself so you can get rid of your opponent's synchros with ease, and even though you cannot special summon it, you can normal summon it with Grunnard's effect even if you wasted your normal summon. Of course you also have Book of Moon and Fishborg Blaster for synchro surprises if those fail. In the process you can also use treeborn if decree isn't out to get a formula or even a trishula among others.

And now on to the high level monster numbers

3 Grunnard because he is Trade-In-able, also he can normal summon preacher, salvage for 2 preachers, normal summon the first, summon grunard, normal summon second, summon whatever (dai-sojo can protect, grantala can summon dai-sojo to protect)
2 Raiho because I like his effect
1 Grantala because I don't like how slow his effect is but he is still a lv7 monster (fishborg purposes) with a high attack so he stayed. Also he can help for nice locks I guess.
1 Dai-Sojo because even though he is no beater he can ensure that your Ice Barrier high beaters are safe from numerous things establishing a good control on the field with him and another high attacker there (on field Dai-Sojo and Grantala and Grantala summons Raiho, that's some ice asskicking, try and beat that control)
1 Medium of the Ice Barrier because besides being a high level Ice Barrier with a kinda cool effect she also can summon herself which does make things easier.

Oh, btw, don't tell me obvious things like "ZOMFGNOOB you can't summon treeborn with decree!!!1!1!111!" and don't misinterpret Preacher, as I read his text that's how things are, if a ruling is released or his text or you have a credible source then you can go ahead and point it out. That beign said I may have missed something in the Ice Barrier so some simple things may need to be said, just dont bring up too obvious ones.
Back to top Go down
AsianGuy1137
WDA Member
WDA Member
AsianGuy1137

Achievement Points : 0
Waifu : AsianGuy1137

Generic Generals Generally Generate Hate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Generic Generals Generally Generate Hate   Generic Generals Generally Generate Hate EmptySat Jul 16, 2011 4:08 am

Pure genius. Photon Shockwave actually has a lot of decent cards.
Back to top Go down

Generic Generals Generally Generate Hate
Page 1 of 1