World Dueling Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hang-OutHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Dominio City - Downtown

Go down 
+9
Minako
Neku Sakuraba
Dragonclaw
Al-Bhed
SymphonicHero
raye
RD
The Cynical Duelist
7h3 J0|{3r
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
7h3 J0|{3r
WDA Member
WDA Member
7h3 J0|{3r

Achievement Points : 0
Waifu : Jokercard

Dominio City - Downtown Empty
PostSubject: Dominio City - Downtown   Dominio City - Downtown EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 2:23 pm

In the Downtown area of dominio city you can normally find many varities of shops and stalls selling a wide varitey of different things, it is the closest area for most middle class residents of dominio city to shop at.

Dominio City - Downtown Downtown-from-the-rocks
Back to top Go down
http://www.worldduelingacademy.com
The Cynical Duelist
WDA Member
WDA Member
The Cynical Duelist

Waifu : The Cynical Duelist

PostSubject: Re: Dominio City - Downtown   Dominio City - Downtown EmptyMon Jun 27, 2011 3:58 am

"hey guys!" elz says to all the kid playing duel monsters in the card shop "HI ELIZABETH" they all reply. Elz takes off her jacket and places on her working apron taking her usual place behind the counter, she gets a bad of Malteasers out of her bag and slowly munches on them, watching the kids.

The tv plays as just background noise while elz works, she takes out a deck box with her deck inside and stares at her boss monster "Scrap Dragon,"

"Urgh its been so long since I played, and these kids are too busy having fun... I wanna duel"

"Heya lizzie!" it was elz's boss Tim, Elz Quickly hide's her deck box and makes it look like she's working

"H-Hi tim" she says going slightly red, Tim was incredibly tall with short brown hair and glasses, Elz always had a thing for glasses, she couldnt help herself.

On the tv behind her an announcement was running through from a news report, tim and elz's attention's were suddenly taken by the TV,

" The rules are simple, once all duelists are registered they will all compete, all dueling each other in the arena whenever they can until we have 1 left, that 1 left will be the winner. Now to stop everyone from waiting till people have been eliminated before dueling people will be randomly eliminated if they do not duel within a certain time limit so be prepared to duel whenever possible, you cannot reject a challange unless you are in a duel already. So Good Luck duelists and may the best duelist win."

A tournament eh? Thought elizabeth, she looks to tim who has a huge smile on his face, all the kids were looking at her too

"What?"

"Enter" says tim, "You know you can win that thing, you're good and also you've got us supporting you, we'll even go with you if you want and cheer you on"

"Tim I..." stutters elz, but she looks down at her deck which had been thrown on the floor rather than subtly hidden in her panic and catches eye of her "Scrap Dragon."
"Okay... LETS DO THIS!" she shouts, and its met with a cheer from the kids in the shop...

They all pack up their things and head for tims mini van. "To the arena!" shouts tim, wearing a t-shirt with his shops logo and name on it, Elizabeth glares at him. "Its good publicity, RIGHT KIDS!" He shouts to the kids, who also are wearing t-shirts the same as tims... Elizabeth just sighs and hangs her head in shame...

"Moron..."
Back to top Go down
http://thecynicalduelist.blogspot.com
RD
Lil Warrior
 Lil Warrior
RD

Achievement Points : 20

PostSubject: Re: Dominio City - Downtown   Dominio City - Downtown EmptyThu Jun 30, 2011 7:38 am

Hunter after leaving the Dueling Arena rides around the downtown area on his skate board, He continues to ride down street after street and he see nothing different Hunter sees a shop in the area thought that catches his attention. He skates over to a shop with a help wanted sign in the window. Seeing how they are closed he couldn't go in but from the looks of it it looks like a game shop maybe a card shop. Hunter at the moment is wondering what is it with his deck that had him lose tonight. There's another project that needs attending like the incomplete deck at his house. Deck after deck ideas but nothing is clicking with him since his last duel in the arena the weeks before.

*Hunter goes home and isn't seen until the tourney in the duel arena is over*
Back to top Go down
RD
Lil Warrior
 Lil Warrior
RD

PostSubject: Re: Dominio City - Downtown   Dominio City - Downtown EmptyMon Jul 04, 2011 3:21 am

Hunter at home doesn't know when the tourney will end so he grabs his skate board and skates around the downtown area. After about an hour of this he gets bored so he heads back to the game/card shop he saw earlier. He notices their still not open, Hunter sits there checking his phone and checking for updates on the tourney.

"Man so only 3 duelist left? And i lost to a guy who lost 3 matches later, Ridiculous! I guess it's a good thing i'm out here."

*Hunter sits on the bench across the street from the shop until the people who own/work at the shop return*
Back to top Go down
The Cynical Duelist
WDA Member
WDA Member
The Cynical Duelist

PostSubject: Re: Dominio City - Downtown   Dominio City - Downtown EmptyFri Jul 08, 2011 5:16 am

Returning to card capital still a bit down about what happened at the arena, she slowly stepped out the van grabbing her two new duel disks and hauling them into the card shop "Card Capital" where she worked and also lived, the tables we're empty due to it being late and the shop being closed for the day and the pile of new booster boxes for Duel monsters lay un opened on the counter.

Elz looked down at her scrap deck box around her waist, she took it out and placed it out card for card upon one of the duelling tables, looking at each individual charred card. Tim placed his hand on her shoulder and smiled reassuringly. Elz smiled back. He then placed the Fortune Lady deck on the table.

"It's only temporary, forget about what happened with them in the past, this is now..." said tim.

"I know but..." Elz sniffed. She remembered back to her regional finals a couple of years ago...

[FLASHBACK]

"HERE WE ARE LADIES AND GENTLEMEN TO THE REGIONAL FINALS IN LONDON!!!" Shouted an announcer, two duelists were standing together at a duelling table surrounded by fans, the field for the pink haired girl looked good, two monsters a field spell and a back row, her opponent a black haired boy, his field just a face down spell/trap card...

"MY MOVE!" The pink haired girl called, she drew.

"I ACTIVATE MONSTER REBORN!!! to summon fortune lady watery to the field in attack mode!!!" She shouted. she then placed a card designed with a blue clad woman with blue hair onto the field. "She then lets me draw 2 cards" she draws to hold 2 cards in hand. "Next I summon fortune lady light! then because of my field spell she is removed so I can special summon fortune lady wind to destroy your back row!" The boy did the same as was said and mirror force was sent to the grave... "NOW ATTACK FOR GAME!!!" The girls shouted unleashing her fortune ladies upon him. The match ended and there was a huge cheer from the crowd.

"AND THE WINNER IS!!! ELIZABETH MARSHALL!!!" A tall beautiful woman comes up to the girl hugging her and congratulating her and a handsome blonde haired man smiles at her gently.

However there was a lot of muttering from the crowd opposite the girl's parents, a man in striped shirt beckoned over an official, they were conferring for a while then the announcer picked up his Microphone again. "Uhm... there has been a slight ruling error... Fortune Lady wind's effect can only be used when she is normal summoned. Due to this misplay, the officials have ruled that under section 3.4 of the duel monsters duelist code that Miss Elizabeth Marshall has purposefully committed the act of cheating and the decision has been reversed!!! So the winner is LITTLE JIMMY!!!"

The little girl was shocked... she stood stunned unable to move, she re-read fortune lady wind "when this card is normal..." it read. She fell to her knees and began to cry, casting her deck aside the cards scattered everywhere across the arena floor...

[END OF FLASHBACK]

"I... I don't know if I can, that mistake I made back at the regionals... its too much... cost me my chance of a real national shot for the championships in the UK..." she sighed, fumbling with the deck boxs clenched in her hands...

"Well sleep on it, its only temporary till you get your scraps back, play them with the kids in the shop tomorrow and you never know, they may work out for you." Tim smiled. "C'mon kid's you've had a busy day... time to go home now, CLOSING TIME!!!" There was a loud "Awwwhhhh" but the kids did as they were told...

"Im asking my mom to make me a burger when I get back!" said on of the kids... Elz just sat behind the counter quietly, still fumbling with the deck box, Torn over whether or not to play her old deck...
Back to top Go down
RD
Lil Warrior
 Lil Warrior
RD

PostSubject: Re: Dominio City - Downtown   Dominio City - Downtown EmptyFri Jul 08, 2011 5:27 am

Hunter seems to have fallen asleep across the street, he woke up to the sound of a car stopping and the engine shutting off. He looks and so it would be the owner returning. Hunter checking the time realizing it's late so he skates home. "Man now i know not to be out this late my aunt is going to kill me!"
Back to top Go down
raye
WDA Member
WDA Member
raye

Achievement Points : 4

PostSubject: Re: Dominio City - Downtown   Dominio City - Downtown EmptyFri Jul 08, 2011 8:45 am

As AJ heads to a restaurant for dinner and he was going to order some steak and a side with mash potatoes and green beans sounds great for a late night meal. I am starving if they dont get this food up here now i will have to go back there and get it myself. So AJ puts his duel disk down to enjoy his dinner without no interruptions.
Back to top Go down
7h3 J0|{3r
WDA Member
WDA Member
7h3 J0|{3r

PostSubject: Re: Dominio City - Downtown   Dominio City - Downtown EmptySat Jul 09, 2011 3:26 am

------------------------------------------------
(Narrator Point of View)

A bring glowing pillar of purple light struck down on a moving vechile containing Elizabeth, the pillar dissappeared as fast as it struck but Elizabeth was gone once the light had dissappeared, causing a lot of confusion and panic for Tim and the kids she was with.

-----------------------------------------------
Back to top Go down
RD
Lil Warrior
 Lil Warrior
RD

PostSubject: Re: Dominio City - Downtown   Dominio City - Downtown EmptySat Jul 09, 2011 4:51 am

Hunter just makes it home and he sees a purple light with the door open his aunt said to him, go you're in trouble when you get home. Hunter cracks a smile and runs off he noticed the light originally started at the duel arena and knowing his Hunter stakes to the arena.

Downtown-----> Duel Arena
Back to top Go down
SymphonicHero
WDA Member
WDA Member
SymphonicHero

Waifu : SymphonicHero

PostSubject: Re: Dominio City - Downtown   Dominio City - Downtown EmptySat Jul 09, 2011 5:02 am

Elliot runs through the streets, not seeing where he's going when his limo comes up to him. His guards the exit the limo, grab Eliot and force him inside. "HEY, what's the big idea?!" Elliot screams in protest. "I am very sorry, master Elliot, but something's come up and we've been ordered by your father to protect you." Nyles then explains what heppened at the arena. "So the whole thing was a trap? Well, that's just great, even if I won, it wouldn't of meant anything!" Elliot exclaimes, aggrivated. "We've been told to take you home immidiatly, and you are to stay there until your father says otherwise" Nyles said in a voice that Elliot had never heard before as the limo rushed to the High Rise

(Exit to High Rise)
Back to top Go down
raye
WDA Member
WDA Member
raye

Achievement Points : 4

PostSubject: Re: Dominio City - Downtown   Dominio City - Downtown EmptySat Jul 09, 2011 7:24 am

As AJ was about to walk out he noticed on the TV that there was an incident at the Duel Arena where some madman was talking about Millenium Items and there were big pillars of light.

There Six items he was holding was scattered out through the city. As the choppers seem to follow them it appears that one was hovering right above the restaurant i am in.

AJ said, "N-No not me, I must get of here but than the pillar of light shot down through the roof and hit right in front of me. As the pillar radiated a bright purple light that blinded everyone except me i went to too touch it and when i did i was swallowed by the light."
Back to top Go down
Al-Bhed
Machina Mechanic
Machina Mechanic
Al-Bhed

Achievement Points : 50
Waifu : fem-Al-Bhed

PostSubject: Re: Dominio City - Downtown   Dominio City - Downtown EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 6:01 am

Alter Ego cafe is closed for some reason. Usually it would stay open for one more hour or so before closing for the night. Be it the tournament, or what happened after it, for some reason it is closed now.
That is the answer to the "why isn't anyone here?" question.

On Tuesdays I don't have early classes, they start late midday on Tuesdays this semester, so I have the morning shift, that includes coming here earlier to set up the shop. And on that day I am the first one to come here for that job.
That is the answer to the "why do I have the keys to alter ego?" question.

The Alter Ego cafe is a 2 storey bulding with a wide roof. It is situated in a quite convenient place, there aren't many tall buildings for a good distance and the streets are wide open, so from the roof you can view quite a wide area.
That is the answer to the "what led me to the roof?" question.

But this quiz has 4 questions, so even though we got all 3 we still need the answer to the last one, it isn't easy, I think it could be a trick question. "Why am I here?"

After the tournament "ended" I decided to go home instead of playing hero, which is quite the rational decision, I have to study and sleep early since I can't mess up my schedule or skip work, I'm paid by the day here. And in the end why would I need to stop Markus Taint? It's common sense, especially to someone like me, this world isn't led by the masses, it's led by financial interests struggling for control, only difference to this case is that Markus Taint has added one additional means to this struggle but it's still the same struggle it was, one that doesn't concern us, one that may change our lives but it wouldn't really be much different. We aren't looking at the end of the world or an age of darkness here, it will be the same thing as now, since no one wants to rule a wasteland. Whether I stop him or not, it's the same thing...

Yet why is it that I want to do something... What am I missing here that my will hasn't... Or did I miss anything in the first place?
"Gah! I can't figure it out!" Not that ruffling my hair like that is going to help any...
My hand is trembling, I didn't have enough, all this excitement for such an anti-climactic finish, I obviously want to duel more, and this duel to the death thing is attracting me like a magnet, despite knowing I should avoid it at all costs... Is that it? Is my reason for being here devoid of all gallant pretenses?
But... it doesn't feel like that... Apart from fighting, I feel like, I have to just, do something...
Back to top Go down
Dragonclaw
WDA Member
WDA Member
Dragonclaw

Waifu : Dragonpuff

PostSubject: Re: Dominio City - Downtown   Dominio City - Downtown EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 9:10 am

Core ran around downtown, looks for anyone that has info on Markus Taint, or the Millennium Items. "Whew, this is going to take a while. There sure is ALOT of people in downtown. Where should I'll start... Maybe, I think I should just go looking in buildings or something."
1 hour later.
Core was at a fast food resterant. "'Mam, I said I wanted extra pickles on the hamburger, not extra onions. 'Sigh' " Core heard 2 men talking about something that caught Core's ears.

Guy #1 said, "Im telling you Johnny! Markus Taint came into my pawn shop, attacked me, and stole this golden Egyptian Artifact. It was a golden goblet! Fully made of gold! I tried to tell the police, but they didn't buy it!" The other man scoffed, "That is rubbish! Like Markus Taint would do anything like that. Even though he was at that duel arena incident, I don't even think he was related to that..."
After listening to the conversation, Core was surprised. "That is surprising, Markus stole from a pawn shop..."
Back to top Go down
The Cynical Duelist
WDA Member
WDA Member
The Cynical Duelist

PostSubject: Re: Dominio City - Downtown   Dominio City - Downtown EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 10:36 am

It was late at night and Elz was sleeping in her room, she felt weird ever since she got back from the arena. The light that hit the car scared everyone but it was just a lightning bolt... right?

She got up out of bed and rubbed her eyes and headed for the bathroom to get a drink... "Urgh man... I feel so ill, better not have been those hotdogs..." After having a glass of water she washed her face too cool off, however when looking in the mirror something wasn't right, someone else, of a similar look was looking at her but it wasn't her. Elz jumped slightly and moved, the image in the mirror didn't.

"Who... Who are you?"

"I am you!" Said the reflection back...

"What!?!" questioned Elz. "How can you be me!?!"

"Simple... I've been in you all along, I am the anger that resides within' your deck, the anger we feel when you betray us..."

"I never betrayed you!?! It was just a mistake at the arena!" Elz was panicking now as this image could cause her trouble...

"Who said anything about your scraps? We are the anger of a deck you played long ago... a deck which you kept making foolish mistakes with because of your over confidence... costing us wins making us MISERABLE!" shouted the reflection.

"I was young... I was still learning... what can I do to make it up to you?" Elz knew the only way to calm this was to be humble as to not anger the spirit and bring harm to herself, Tim and the shop... this spirit was dangerous...

"We want you to carry out our bidding... make us happy or else it will be the end for you and your scrap deck... why do you think your duel disk caught fire huh?"

"That was you!?!"

"Yes that's the kind of power we have... and if you don't listen to us... the same will happen to you... take this" A glowing item comes out of the mirror and floats towards Elz, snapping itself around her neck... "Good luck..." The Reflections face in the mirror was now the same as Elz's full of hatred and anger, no remorse at all...

Elz just starts to laugh histerically... as if frightened but excited at the same time like just surviving death, a bolt of lightning strikes over the Card Capital shop. From within a light turns on and Elz is seen leaving in her dueling gear headed towards the task that has been given to her...

Downtown >>>>> ?
Back to top Go down
Neku Sakuraba
Young Fiend
 Young Fiend
Neku Sakuraba

Achievement Points : 15
Waifu : Neku Sakuraba

PostSubject: Re: Dominio City - Downtown   Dominio City - Downtown EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 10:51 am

"Well,an hour wandering and i havent found any of them,well,at least i got some clues"

Then Zero,walking on the street looked to the inside of a fast food restaurant

"Wait,isnt that...Core?,he might as well had better luck than me,i'll ask him if he have found anything"

Then Zero Enters the restaurant

"Hey Core,have you found anything?"
Back to top Go down
Dragonclaw
WDA Member
WDA Member
Dragonclaw

PostSubject: Re: Dominio City - Downtown   Dominio City - Downtown EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 10:58 am

"Ok Neku, come on. Follow me, I know a safe area to go to." Core threw his burger on the floor and ran out. "Follow me Neku!" Core climbed up on top of the fast food building, and started jumping off and on rooftops, swiftly making his way to the Slums.

(Downtown -> The Slums)
Back to top Go down
The Cynical Duelist
WDA Member
WDA Member
The Cynical Duelist

PostSubject: Re: Dominio City - Downtown   Dominio City - Downtown EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 11:05 am

Elz was standing on a rooftop over the down town area, two duelists jump onto the same roof where she is waiting...

"I've been waiting for you heathens!" She sounded demonic and almost possessed her black coat flowing in the wind... her eyes hidden under the darkness and the necklace around her neck giving off a faint golden glow so that it showed her mouth...

"You will be punished for your evil ways, prepare to feel the wrath of a woman scourned!!!" She screams, firing up a black and gold dueldisk...
Back to top Go down
Dragonclaw
WDA Member
WDA Member
Dragonclaw

PostSubject: Re: Dominio City - Downtown   Dominio City - Downtown EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 11:16 am

Core was shocked. On the roof he was standing on top of, Elz was standing in front of him. "Elz, what happened to you?!" She looked demonic, but. She was wearing a glowing necklece. Core ran over to her and tried to yank the necklace off, but got blown away by a invisible force. "Ow." Core landed on the roof, almost falling off.

Last edited by Dragonclaw on Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Neku Sakuraba
Young Fiend
 Young Fiend
Neku Sakuraba

Achievement Points : 15
Waifu : Neku Sakuraba

PostSubject: Re: Dominio City - Downtown   Dominio City - Downtown EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 11:20 am

"Are you insa...oh nevermind,he would never listen to me,might as well catch him on"
Zero climbed to the roof f the restaurant via the emergency stairs,when on the roof,halfway to the slums,they see a figure standing on a roof

-I've been waiting for you heathens! You will be punished for your evil ways, prepare to feel the wrath of a woman scourned!!!-

Zero stood there surprised to have found someone like here in the roofs

"Wait a sec,arent you Elz,yeah,the girl who's duel disk went into flames?"

Then a shadow game started, clouds of darkness appeared all over downtown!

"A shadow game?,so then,you're one of the duelist with the millenium items!...Guess i dont have much of a choice here"

Last edited by Neku Sakuraba on Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Al-Bhed
Machina Mechanic
Machina Mechanic
Al-Bhed

PostSubject: Re: Dominio City - Downtown   Dominio City - Downtown EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 11:23 am

I guess I won't find anything even if I wait he-
?
What's that? I could see the light of the duel disk holograms go up but then it was covered. Wait, what's with that cloud? Someone playing on a roof top at this time with a dark cloud covering the duel... That does sound awefully suspicious. Do I go or don't I though... Do I even want to get involved?

No, the answer should be obvious looking at me. The trembling is back, I want to be there, my eyes are glued to the area, feet are moving on their own... Better hurry up, wouldn't want to get there after it's over. Why is a smile forming on my face...
Back to top Go down
RD
Lil Warrior
 Lil Warrior
RD

PostSubject: Re: Dominio City - Downtown   Dominio City - Downtown EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 11:26 am

-----------------------
Walkie talkie- Hunter

"Core come in Core, I've found Sentan bring him back to base!"

"Core! What you've found someone with an item? Give me a description."

Core back to Hunter," Golden necklace demotic look, Wait It's Elz!

Shadow game begins and walkie talk goes dead.
-----------------------

Back to top Go down
The Cynical Duelist
WDA Member
WDA Member
The Cynical Duelist

PostSubject: Re: Dominio City - Downtown   Dominio City - Downtown EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 12:01 pm

DUEL!!! Elz draws five cards "PREPARE TO BE JUDGED!!!"

Spoiler:

Her duel disk closed as the boy collapsed to the floor. "He obviously wasn't worthy to wield his cards, he showed no respect..." She said, walking away...

"I'll deal with you another time Kid..." She acknowledges to the other boy on the roof...

"TILL NEXT TIME!!!" And with that she was gone...
Back to top Go down
Al-Bhed
Machina Mechanic
Machina Mechanic
Al-Bhed

PostSubject: Re: Dominio City - Downtown   Dominio City - Downtown EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 12:07 pm

By the time I got here all I was seeing was that kid I dueled for the mayor's tour, Zero, down to 1 card... Well, I can kinda figure what happened but still.
Tsk, she ran away by the time it was over.
At least now I can focus to the matters at hand, what happened to the kid that was dueling her?
Collapsed. I think he's alive but he doesn't do much to prove it. Dammit kid, why did you have to go and get involved in something like this... So this is what happens with these weird games? Shadow Realms and stuff like that, I am not really incliced to believe them wholeheartedly even after these events. So for now he must get to a hospital. But then again I want to go after her, these kids acted like they knew her, maybe I can get some extra info and leave getting him to the hospital to his friends. For now let's call an ambulance, I may not have a car, but I have a phone.
Back to top Go down
7h3 J0|{3r
WDA Member
WDA Member
7h3 J0|{3r

PostSubject: Re: Dominio City - Downtown   Dominio City - Downtown EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 1:33 pm

------------------------------------------
Markus taint's voice booms throughout the area even though he cannot be seen "Now you can see the true nature of my power, my follower has already destroyed one of your friends and the rest of you who resist will soon follow, there is nothing that can stop me -insert evil laugh" His voice echos as it dissappears leaving the people in the area scared again as they start to panic
---------------------------------------------
Back to top Go down
Dragonclaw
WDA Member
WDA Member
Dragonclaw

PostSubject: Re: Dominio City - Downtown   Dominio City - Downtown EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 1:56 pm

"Zero! NOO!!!! Dark Elz, you'll pay for this later! Alex, the hospital won't help. He is in a mental state now, currently affected by his loss.. This is what your going to risk if you help, but remember. This is all just to save helpless lives, you have to help us." Core picked up Zero, "God, he is heavy. I gotta get us out of here though." Core starting running and jumping across the rooftops. "Man, I have to hurry!"

(Downtown -> The Slums)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dominio City - Downtown   Dominio City - Downtown Empty

Back to top Go down

Dominio City - Downtown
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next